Author Topic: 5139 Soldiers Fort with dungeon treasure  (Read 28576 times)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
Re: 5139 Soldiers Fort with dungeon treasure
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 07:46:42 »
why does it look like playmo123/fisherprice?  the belled tower walls, particularly.  Very cherubic, no?  it's cute though
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 08:01:17 »
Steck. Regular castles.. (I knew it as assembly system, have no idea where from  ??? )

Oh right, no they dont fit steck..

why does it look like playmo123/fisherprice?  the belled tower walls, particularly.  Very cherubic, no?  it's cute though

Yeah, it gives me the same impression.. maybe that design is more attractive to younger kids...

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 08:15:31 »
A bastion, Panos, is a projecting part of a fortification, so I'm not really sure this set is a bastion.  I would have expected the bastion to be on the sea side projecting out so that it's guns could cover the harbour area from attack.

The walls look pretty minimal in detail which reduces their appeal and because of the minimal detail do look Fisher Price-like.  The curved walls is good practice as a curved wall is stronger than a flat and a curved corner is stronger than one where the walls meet at an angle, e.g. 90 degrees.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 08:23:00 »
That does make sense. Though it changes nothing on our end... :(  I find it hard to believe that in the END it turns out cheaper.. but I'm probably wrong. If it's packed manually, that might be more expensive than the materials, transport, packaging, storing, etc..

Thanks for the explanation :)

There is also another reason, there are standardised sizes for pallets and for containers and so boxes have to fit within these so there is no waste space to keep shipping costs down.  Hence, there are a limited range of box sizes which can be used.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 08:38:03 »
Oh right, no they dont fit steck..

:(  But it didn't look like it did. Pity, I think they're pretty.

There is also another reason, there are standardised sizes for pallets and for containers and so boxes have to fit within these so there is no waste space to keep shipping costs down.  Hence, there are a limited range of box sizes which can be used.

If there are 100000000000000000000000 different sizes for boxes (not to mention the stupid shapes), doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2011, 08:49:26 »
A bastion, Panos, is a projecting part of a fortification, so I'm not really sure this set is a bastion.  I would have expected the bastion to be on the sea side projecting out so that it's guns could cover the harbour area from attack.

The walls look pretty minimal in detail which reduces their appeal and because of the minimal detail do look Fisher Price-like.  The curved walls is good practice as a curved wall is stronger than a flat and a curved corner is stronger than one where the walls meet at an angle, e.g. 90 degrees.

I agree Gordon. Still this little structure looks as if could be a part of a bigger fortification, projecting at towards the sea, and the cannon side looks towards the sea, while the little harbour area is protected from the rest of the imagined fortification that goes around it... if I have managed to give you a picture of what I mean... :-\ in other words, the cannon side is the open sea side, while the harbour area is the inside..

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 09:42:22 »
Thank you kindl;y for hte review and reminding me that ...

I want lots of these !!!

:hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:

;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2011, 09:53:45 »
I agree Gordon. Still this little structure looks as if could be a part of a bigger fortification, projecting at towards the sea, and the cannon side looks towards the sea, while the little harbour area is protected from the rest of the imagined fortification that goes around it... if I have managed to give you a picture of what I mean... :-\ in other words, the cannon side is the open sea side, while the harbour area is the inside..
I'm with you.  The fort is on a tongue of land with the sea in front and the harbour behind.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2011, 10:00:18 »
I'm with you.  The fort is on a tongue of land with the sea in front and the harbour behind.

:yup: :yup: :yup:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2011, 11:35:35 »
Panos do you have the lighthouse? is it the same color this one is?
and could we see a pic of both together? I think those structures could be used together, though I sispect the colors are different..
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com