Author Topic: What could they do with the next batch of pirates?  (Read 6164 times)

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
Re: What could they do with the next batch of pirates?
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2020, 03:00:18 »
I hope I'm not littering the Brainstorming section, but I really have SO many ideas, I can't help it!

This was my interpretation of a proper ghostly shipwreck.

https://hlootooart.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/IMG_9238.jpg

Obviously I heavily borrowed from the Pirate Ghost Ship (4806) who's model I find to be extremely distinct. I truly don't recall any other ship like it. I'm debating with myself if I should've left it the original red, or a more realistic, decaying green. I truly wanted to show just how desolate this poor ship is, and even threw in barnacles, mossy growths, and the remains of a third mast just for certain fans. ;). The ratlines conveniently resemble cobwebs which worked out beautifully! I included stairs to the poop deck (had to remove some railing) and added a wall and rickety door to the captain's cabin (all the better to hide accessories in  ;)). In the lower parts of the ship I included a makeshift brig in the bow, complete with door made with bone bars. And in the keel there's a hidden spot behind the rocks for treasure beneath the captain's cabin, which has a trapdoor leading to it. There's a removable wall to access it from the back too. I further used inspiration from the Asiatic dragon castles and had the ship halves connected via bone bridge with the original railing of 4806. As of now, I just listed some basic fauna that could be there ( crabs, gulls etc) and possibly a shark skeleton, though I may make it the figurehead. I also made a skeletal parrot!

And yeah...that's it for now. I have other details I'd love to show (LIKE THE CAPTAIN'S CABIN) but I ought to finish my other ideas first before I make a whole new theme! O-o

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 15:47:07 »
Your drawerings are beautiful..  :love:

I WANT that whale. Though noone will be trying to throw harpoons at the beastie around here. ;D

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2020, 16:13:26 »
Your drawerings are beautiful..  :love:

I WANT that whale. Though noone will be trying to throw harpoons at the beastie around here. ;D

He invites you to try it! ;)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2020, 16:16:48 »
He invites you to try it! ;)

Not around here!  ;D

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 17:39:19 »
Janilew! That whale and survivor (and his hair and his clothes!!)! The ship wreck! The shark skeleton!

:(o):

Do you have a social media account somewhere so I can follow your work? I don't even have Instagram, but I'm willing to install it  ;D

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2020, 20:15:55 »
Janilew! That whale and survivor (and his hair and his clothes!!)! The ship wreck! The shark skeleton!

:(o):

Do you have a social media account somewhere so I can follow your work? I don't even have Instagram, but I'm willing to install it  ;D

I do actually! Instagram and my own personal site! I don't like linking to IG, for some reason it feels tacky here, but I do upload quite a bit there more.

My site
www.hlootooart.com

IG
https://www.instagram.com/hlootooart/

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 09:00:08 »
Thank you, I'm looking forward to browsing!  :)