Author Topic: 7-Floor Apartment Block  (Read 12605 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: 7-Floor Apartment Block
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 15:00:17 »
I really enjoyed the tour, looking at other people's way of life and tastes is always fascinating. Lots of nice touches here, though the high level bed (floor 2) and the green toadstools (floor 6) made me smile the most!  :lol:
Do the couple in the ground floor flat need a long-handled broom to let the party guy above know when to turn his stereo down, or are they blissfully hard of hearing?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline doug

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 15:56:54 »
Nice.  I love that the backstory allows all that disparate furniture to be used in one custom!
 Princess bed in the same set-up as a bunk bed?  No problem.

It's like our whole spare parts bin used at once.  (Well, if our parts bin was 3X larger.....)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2014, 17:43:58 »
Nice work all those apartments look great I really like how each apartment reflects the personality of its owners particularly the artists and the ecologists feel very appropriate and also I like the party guys apartment nicely furnished that hanging down bed is a pretty neat idea. 

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2014, 19:24:46 »
Quote from: doug
It's like our whole spare parts bin used at once.  (Well, if our parts bin was 3X larger.....)

That's kind of the way it was.  Having bought yet another (secondhand) hospital for building parts, Mr Raven and I realised that we now had seven-floors' worth of hospital elevator, and we wondered if it would be possible to use that to create seven apartments without noticably repeating furnishings and accessories, and with some sort of individuality for each floor.  It was like a personal challenge.

It sits on the dining table and is blocking light from the window.  We eat in its shadow.  (And with very little space.)  But it is difficult to think of dismantling it because we are so pleased with what we achieved, just using whatever bits and pieces we happened to have - from many a different set and theme. 

@Rhalius:  No, no stories.  I don't think there will be any stories for quite a long time because in-between getting distracted by other buildings like this, Mr Raven and I are aiming at building such a large size zoo (with a story!) that it will probably take a year or so to complete....

@GrahamB  The retired couple grit their teeth and shake their heads regarding the younger people in the building.  But, actually, the younger people also get a bit uptight when the retired folks' noisy grandchildren come to visit.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2014, 19:43:36 »
...the younger people also get a bit uptight when the retired folks' noisy grandchildren come to visit.

Aha - there are stories here!

[In our house, its the old folks (in a 'granny annexe' though there is probably a more PC term nowadays) whose television volume causes the rest of us to grumble....]

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2014, 21:29:13 »
An Excellent custom structure, with tons of interesting detail. You could probably do small stories off this one structure for a year while you are working on the zoo. I suppose you will eventually want the structure parts for the zoo but much of the rest wouldn't even overlap that much. Worth a thought.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 10:08:15 »
A shame there wont be a story with this one, but I am looking forward to that zoo and the story that goes with it!  :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 14:00:44 »
A superb custom piece with lots of detail and atmosphere with it.  I like the simple commentary no each apartment and its owners.  That tells us all we need to know and the rest we can make up for ourselves.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 15:31:58 »
Great pictures. I really like the carefully chosennwallpapers to fit its owners character.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 03:37:58 »
Fantastic creation, that's certainly a lot of Sys-X! Great job! :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.