Author Topic: 5981 Fire Station  (Read 6472 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
5981 Fire Station
« on: August 09, 2012, 02:23:59 »
Just bought the new US exclusive fire station, and thought I'd do a quick review. It has some really neat features to it. So here goes.

front of box

back view

pictures on the side of the box

The fire station walls are modular, as you see. Those red parts did not come clipped in, but they were hard to remove after they were installed.

A close-up of the brick texture, which is quite nice.

A picture showing how the walls clip together.

One of my favorite features of this set... mini-blinds! I don't ever remember seeing any quite like this before, but they're really cool.

The roof is all one piece that snaps into the top.

A view showing the doors and windows installed, and how the windows swing open.

These are not working doors, but rather one solid piece. A bit disappointing. The handles do move up and down, though. ::)

A view showing the slide pole, staircase, and system x holes in the back.

A view of the very nice lights for the back of the building, another favorite feature for me!

A close-up of one of the lights.

front lights and flag installed. There is also a sticker for that sign on the front, but we left it off, as this is going to be an ambulance station for us.

A close-up of the flag

call center

the other contents of the set, and the klickys

And that's it. All in all, it's a nice little set, in spite of being a clip system. It's got some really nice parts!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 5981 Fire Station
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 03:12:37 »
thanks for all the great pictures. I was wondering if the nice new windows fit in sys.x walls? I really like the set but wish it was system x instead of modular, there is little way to expand it to a multi roll up doored station
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 03:32:41 »
Thanks for the review!

I was just in TRU a couple of days ago at which time they had nothing new. Well, they did have the Victorian city set, but I was expecting to see that.

Are the mini-blinds the same as the blinds in the suburban house? They look similar, but I've dismantled the house and can't check.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 07:31:43 »
Great review, bb!!! Really great firestation!!! Looks like the typical US one! interesting building system and design!!!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 09:02:55 »
The brick texture is really nice... And the windows...

Thanks for the review!

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:14:52 »
Many thanks for the review Bonnie.
It's a beautiful set but i think that i don't like this building system, too much big parts, I prefer the system x way. ;)

George.
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline rms008

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 10:04:26 »
love it love it love it, i just can't wait :D
a small personal note- if its a us exclusive why did they print a European map on the control room console ?

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 10:29:40 »
love it love it love it, i just can't wait :D
a small personal note- if its a us exclusive why did they print a European map on the control room console ?

I think it is a recycled sticker... pretty sure they used it before in a police station
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline retronio22

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 10:52:15 »
Very nice review!But it doesn't include baseplate on the ground floor!!!!!!!!!Can be put a baseplate?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2012, 11:57:49 »
Are the mini-blinds the same as the blinds in the suburban house? They look similar, but I've dismantled the house and can't check.

After looking at that set, I think they must be. I had never noticed those before! I don't have that house..... yet. ;)

:lol: Very interesting question. You'd think they could have made a new sticker. ::)

My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.