Author Topic: I bought a MISB Viking Ship for my playmobil vikings ( Playbig )  (Read 14588 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
I have one of these and i have to say it is surerb, 75cm in lenngth its an impressive ship and playmo fits perfectly in it . At the request of Tahra i post some additional pictures of it . Pricey set ( as it was MISB but i will use it and make it worthwhile. The Krullian Viking army has two of them now !!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130625552643?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and pictures

My old one

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: I bought a MISB Viking Ship for my playmobil vikings ( Playbig )
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 17:13:59 »
Thanks!

If you're gonna open it, can you post (or email me) pics of the instructions, and better (larger) pics?

Mine is missing the mast, and has broken pieces...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 17:36:04 »
Will do , my current one was missing two or three shields but i replaced these with other playbig ones very similar but not identical ( i have about 40 playbig vikings etc ) and that red cloth going along a beam ( missing the beam too but its only a simple wooden one apparently. I think the mast can easily be replaced with a  custom made one, there wasnt much into it etc . when i get the MISB , will post some more pictures , i hope the ones posted give  you also an idea  ;D ;D ;D ;D

With the addition of this ship, the Krullian navy has two large drakkars ( the playbig ones, with catapults on them ) and five smaller playmobil ones  :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 17:52:51 »
Will do , my current one was missing two or three shields but i replaced these with other playbig ones very similar but not identical ( i have about 40 playbig vikings etc ) and that red cloth going along a beam ( missing the beam too but its only a simple wooden one apparently. I think the mast can easily be replaced with a  custom made one, there wasnt much into it etc . when i get the MISB , will post some more pictures , i hope the ones posted give  you also an idea  ;D ;D ;D ;D

With the addition of this ship, the Krullian navy has two large drakkars ( the playbig ones, with catapults on them ) and five smaller playmobil ones  :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:

That is an impressive force!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 18:40:53 »
That's a great looking ship George! I love the green thing in front!
 Is the scale good for clickies? 
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 18:55:31 »
Awesome viking ship George!!! Looking forward seeing it maned with your viking klickies!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 18:56:43 »
That's a great looking ship George! I love the green thing in front!
 Is the scale good for clickies? 

Thank you sir !!! pricey but i think worth it and very very rare .....

Its almost perfect. when i bought my first one about 6yrs ago i was a bit worried actualy but  I managed to set the klickies in the drakkar seats without any problems and they can hold the ores without any problems. Having said that his longboat is significantly bigger than the playmo one - 75cm in length if i remember exactly and there is a small catapult on it which is a bit our of scale for playmobil and twice as much out of scale for playmbig as its a bit small , still can volley pretty nicely . i will combine this new one ( it wont stay in its box !!!) with my current one and use them in the Krullian viking  set that when i find some space i will set up

The plastic quality is very good also , in fact superb , the green head in my old one is still as good as new and very hard to break or damage  and this ship floats also very well, i gave it a test , it was pretty impressive , as far as i know it was designed by the creator of playbig who had a phD in engineering....however some of the plastic details can easily break as they are rather brittle and need extra attention .....

hopefully soon you will see two of these master longboats in a diorama with vikings preparing to invade the empire ....  :love: :love: :love: :love:

here are some old pictures of my older longboat and some vikings the day i bought them in fact in TRU in the UK !!!! back in 2007 i believe !!!

:viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 19:23:28 »
Great pics! Thank you :)

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 20:20:11 »
Great to see all those drakars together! Impressive.
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 04:38:09 »
That is awesome!
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA