Author Topic: Queen 4591 has gained weight! What to do?  (Read 3894 times)

Offline Janice

• Playmo Enthusiast
Queen 4591 has gained weight! What to do?
« on: February 28, 2008, 01:16:20 »
I'm just curious if anyone else has trouble getting this evil queen's skirt on her?  Is this typical of all of these sets?  I told the old girl she needed to lose weight but she just doesn't listen.  Everytime I get her out of the box her skirt doesn't fit.
Janice

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: Queen 4591 has gained weight! What to do?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 09:38:17 »
I haven't had that particular problem, but I have had occasional parts that don't quite fit - the Nun's wimple and some Native American headbands come to mind.

My solution is to scrape a little plastic off the part, in your case the inside of the skirt waist would be the place, with a penknife, until it does fit snugly.

It could be that the skirt went slightly out of shape as it came out of the mould before it cooled and set.

Offline Janice

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 15:12:21 »
Thank you Martin for your good advice  :clap: I was doubtful that this would work because as you looked at the skirt it was a good quarter inch gap and I thought that they didn't make the skirt big enough.  However I took knife in hand and went at it.  The skirt now fits for the first time in years and you can't even tell that it was done. I compared it to the skirt of the queen in the Fairytale set (snow white) and it looks like they did the same thing to that skirt to get it to fit her. 
Janice

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 16:51:22 »
Excellent, it's nice when a solution works!

I didn't realise the skirt had changed size since you first had it, that is weird!

In general I'm very impressed with Playmobil's quality control, the way a hat fits just tight enough not to fall off, but can be easily removed, etc.

Offline Janice

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 23:53:04 »
Martin,
I think you have misunderstood.....the skirt never did fit her, even when it was new mint from the box.  I just never knew what to do about it.  Again thanks for your advice I feel like i finally have an evil queen-fully dressed!!  :confetti:
Janice

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 08:13:43 »
LOL OK Janice, now we're on the same page! 8-)

That was what I thought the first time, but when you said "The skirt now fits for the first time in years" combined with "Queen 4591 has gained weight!"it suggested to me that it must have once fitted (I would have said it now fits for the first time ever).

That's the problem with the English language, I tend to  read very literally, especially on boards like this where you don't yet know the person's writing style well.

Anyway, problem solved!