Author Topic: Playmobil verses LEGO  (Read 12758 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: Playmobil verses LEGO
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 22:11:21 »

So what's the story with the flower pots?  I get a catalog sometimes with my Playmobil orders.

Click on the image, Timmy ...
(or, even better, click on the word) ... :klickywink:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 06:51:28 »
Both Lego and Playmobil could do a better job with their spare parts ordering system - I've tried ordering spare parts using Lego's online system and it's still not ideal with a very limited range available. At least with Playmobil if they have it, they's sell it to you, but it's hard to find if they have it - made much easier by Heather's database. 

The question is, is it worth it to these companies to invest more effort and time in improving this area of their business (spare part & replacement part sales), and both seem to have answered "not at present".

It's a customer service issue, and only affects a tiny proportion of their customers who actually bother to try to order spare parts.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2008, 18:38:01 »

The question is, is it worth it to these companies to invest more effort and time in improving this area of their business (spare part & replacement part sales), and both seem to have answered "not at present".

Apparently, Lego has learned their lesson. Catering to adult hobbyists is NOT profitable!

Lego created their 9v train system about seventeen years ago.

There are adult Lego 9v train hobbyists all over the world. No one seems to know exactly how many. But, there seems to be quire a few. (It actually could be thousands!)

Regardless, Lego announced last year that next year (2009), they are totally discontinuing their 9v train. They are ceasing production of ALL parts. Nothing new will be compatible with the 9v system. If you have a Lego train layout ... too bad - so sad ... Lego has to make money!

So, YES ... we should ALL consider ourselves very fortunate that Playmobil does as much for us as they do!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 00:31:22 »

HELLO, PLAYMOFRIENDS ...

WE KEEP ASKING FOR MORE FROM PLAYMOBIL.

MOST OF US KNOW THAT HORST BRANDSTATTER IS THE SOLE OWNER OF PLAYMOBIL.

HIS 75TH BIRTHDAY WAS JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO.

SO FAR, ONLY SYLVIA AND I HAVE WISHED HORST A HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERE AT PLAYMOFRIENDS.

DON'T YOU THINK THAT SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TOLD MR. BRANDSTATTER IF THERE WERE FIFTY OR MORE HAPPY BIRTHDAYS OVER AT "SPECIAL GREETINGS" ... ?

MOST OF US SUSPECT THAT PLAYMOBIL "SPIES" ON US HERE.

LET'S SEE, WE ALL WANT MORE FROM PLAYMOBIL ... AND, YET ...

IT DOESN'T APPEAR THAT PROBABLY ANY OF US HAVE ANY REASON TO WHINE OR COMPLAIN.

OF COURSE, THAT'S JUST MY OPINION!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 01:53:17 »
Those pots that self water or wick the water up are a favorite over here . I must admit i can not afford the Playmobil ones but some day i will be sure to get some .

Richard how and where do we wish him a happy B-DAY ? email or ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 06:08:46 »

HELLO, PLAYMOFRIENDS ...

MOST OF US KNOW THAT HORST BRANDSTATTER IS THE SOLE OWNER OF PLAYMOBIL.

HIS 75TH BIRTHDAY WAS JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO.

SO FAR, ONLY SYLVIA AND I HAVE WISHED HORST A HAPPY BIRTHDAY HERE AT PLAYMOFRIENDS.

DON'T YOU THINK THAT SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TOLD MR. BRANDSTATTER IF THERE WERE FIFTY OR MORE HAPPY BIRTHDAYS OVER AT "SPECIAL GREETINGS" ... ?

LET'S SEE, WE ALL WANT MORE FROM PLAYMOBIL ... AND, YET ...

I do certainly wish Mr. BRANDSTATTER a Happy Birthday and a mighty THANK YOU for Playmobil.  May You and PM stay with us for many years to come. 

Sincerely, Donmobil.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2008, 06:13:11 »
Those pots that self water or wick the water up are a favorite over here . I must admit i can not afford the Playmobil ones but some day i will be sure to get some .

Richard how and where do we wish him a happy B-DAY ? email or ?

There's a thread here:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=2336.0

When ever I visit PF I always click on "Show unread posts since last visit" and any thread with a post in I haven't read shows up.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”