Author Topic: who likes the new ship?  (Read 13368 times)

Offline berkwit

• Playmo Enthusiast
    • Chain of Dogs thrashfolk
Re: who likes the new ship?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2011, 07:52:36 »
I like all the ships, I don't really mind skulls, hidden cannons or red hulls etc. because they're toys, and I don't have any need for perfect historical accuracy here. ;) I'm still hoping to get the 4290, the only reason why I haven't bought it when it was released was lack of money and the need to make choices (like paying rent and getting decent food on the table). If I can still get it, I'll buy it before I'll buy the 5135.

re the red colours of the hull: I remember a discussion on Playmoboard about the shields of the vikings, people were complaining about the bright colours because those shields were made of wood. In fact the Danes and Norse painted their shields in bright colours for several reasons, so the perceived historical accuracy of the wood-coloured-shield-people was in fact mistaken. So my pirates paint their ships in bright colours too.  ;)

The only thing I never really liked was the big bertha, although it was the best weapon to actually knock over klickies with until the new bolt-shooting cannons. The older ones (especially those with the safety balls) simply weren't powerful enough.

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 10:38:21 »
I like it, but not any more or less really than its predescesor.  To me it's just a recolour, and I like the fake cannons mostly because of added seaworthy stability and the fact that you don't have to spend gobbs of money to arm the ship since it come pre-armed.

I honestly think this is the best skull print on a sail I've seen of all the ships so far.  The other ones look more cartoony.  But if you don't like the skull, easy fix: get a set of spares and use the skull-less one.

As far as the stringless sheets....even on the 4290, I don't get what the big deal is:  if you want real string rigging, just go buy some string and rig it!  It's real easy! lol
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Ds dad

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2011, 14:50:19 »
You can add me to the "love it" group. I'll be buying the 5135 even though I already have 2 3286's (one Pirate crewed and one Blue-coat crewed).

I don't mind the skull and cross bones on the sail either but I admit if I intended it as a Navy ship I would change it out.

As for the fake cannon I agree with Black Pearl that it is nice to have the ship fully "armed" without having to spend 30$ extra. We never fire the below deck cannon on the 3286 anyway so it is not a big deal to me.

Offline playmojager

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2011, 15:01:49 »
I am very excited, that ship looks that it is an improved 3940, I really don't like that skull on the sail but I am sure that it can be changed because all thinks fits with each other.
  Fire and Axe

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 12:50:26 »

the 3940 has 2 different square sails on both masts.
maybe this is not the case with the 5135 and all we have to do is to get a spare "skull-less" sail to replace the "skull" one.  ???

oh i didn't thought of that .but you think both front and back sail are the same?  ???
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 12:53:22 »
So somebody at Geobra likes skulls?
 ;D

yes probably and it's stupid it really gets me angry  >:( >:( >:( >:( so many nice ships i redjected them because of the scull on the sails ,it looks fake ,i wonder how they didn't put a scull on the 4290  :hmm: :hmm:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 13:17:06 »
That's the problem I have with it too: it looks fake.
If there is  a way to get a plain sail to substitute the skull one then that ship would look great.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 13:20:47 »
That's the problem I have with it too: it looks fake.
If there is  a way to get a plain sail to substitute the skull one then that ship would look great.

as i see and judge from the picture probably the front and back sails are the same so we can replace the scull one :)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 13:23:18 »
If that's the case, this ship would definitively be the one for me. However my budget for PM is basically spent for the near future, so right now (even if it was available) I won't be getting it.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 15:26:26 »
as i see and judge from the picture probably the front and back sails are the same so we can replace the scull one :)
If I remember correctly, the main sails on front and aft mast weren't the same size on the 3940; one being just slightly larger in length then the other. (all my sails are in a box for protection at the moment, I should search it and check to be sure)
But the difference is small, you can exchange them. Depending wich one you exchange, it will look like it has either a bit more or a bit less "wind blowing" at it.
Should be the same with the 5135 I guess, so getting another front sail without skull to put on the aft mast should work.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!