Author Topic: Happy 3 kings day  (Read 4152 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Happy 3 kings day
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 23:20:50 »
Happy 3 Kings Day Luis!
Any present with a dinosaur in it is a great present.  :D

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 23:33:01 »
Its called Epiphany around here ; we don't offer presents but we eat the dedicated cake with one or two china figures to be found / In south of Europe it can be a figure and a true bean.

interesting - where are you located? :)
the 3 kings cake in Mexico has 2 or 3 baby figures (representing baby Jesus) to be found - whoever finds it in his/her piece has to have a party on Feb 2nd (which is the day baby Jesus was presented I think)

Interesting holiday. We do not have it here but we do celebrate Christmas on the old Orthodox calendar which is on the 7th of January. It is kind of fun as we get presents twice.

is that a jewish tradition? sorry to be such an ignorant :-[

Ah yes, Epiphany!!! yeah it was a holiday for us here too. Priests are throwing a cross in the water (sea, lake, river) to signify the Epipany and swimmers jump in the water to grab the cross...Whoever gets the cross is blessed...thats all.

never heard about it until now 8-)
isn't water cold btw? ??? :o :P

« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 23:38:02 by Luis »
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 23:38:17 »
Guess it's time to finally take my tree down :(
Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 00:28:15 »
is that a jewish tradition?

Hi

No its this one link
That is were my reference to Rasputin comes from. I too poses mystical powers  :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 02:36:45 »
I've never even heard of it. I hope that doesn't make me ignorant  :-[ Thank you so much for sharing.
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 04:51:38 »
Just a little piece of cultural background for those who had never heard of it:

It's important to mention that for us the 3 wise kings are normally more important than Santa Claus (we don't even celebrate Christmas on the 25th, we have dinner on the night of the 24th - although I know Santa has nothing to do with Jesus :P)
Living in a country were most people are roman catholic this is no surprise (the kings ARE in the bible)
Some parents here avoid Santa and just offer presents today but when parents are generous it's fun to receive presents on both dates! ;D

Any present with a dinosaur in it is a great present.  :D

indeed! Dinos are so cool! :)

Hi

No its this one link
That is were my reference to Rasputin comes from. I too poses mystical powers  :lol:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

ahh ohh thanks for the link 8-)
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 07:51:48 »
Over here it's called Twelfth Night and in mediaeval times it was the custom to reverse the social order so that the jester was the king and the king and nobility became the servants and in the religious calendar, it is Epiphany.  It may also be the day to take down the Christmas decorations, but there is always a difference of opinion on this - is it January 5th or January 6th?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 20:01:42 »
Here is January 6th...  :) but I still have my tree here. no time to put it away...
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com