Author Topic: THW sets (but the keychain :-)  (Read 8327 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: THW sets (but the keychain :-)
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 14:55:29 »
Thanks Jochen, those look great. Thanks for the part number on the dog, I have a trade going and maybe he will be able to order one for me. I would like the whole set but they are expensive right now, and I have spent too much lately.  :-[

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 17:21:14 »

Thanks, Jochen ...

I am very happy to see that they are no longer securing the leash/lead on the German Shepherd as they did originally (from the back of the head through the throat). This must have caused many a child some concern. I never could understand why Zirndorf wouldn't have realized thst before they ever released it to the public.

All the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2006, 17:34:22 »
I meant to ask, Jochen, on the tipper truck are there two slide out storage units behind the fuel tank?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2006, 19:54:03 »
I meant to ask, Jochen, on the tipper truck are there two slide out storage units behind the fuel tank?

No, that are no slide out storage units: it's a compartment (?) where you can put something in. On the right hand side there is a longer one which has an additional deepening where you can put the warning triangle in so that it fits in height (cf. photo).

Offline hoppatussa

• Southern Belle @ heart
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 15:22:08 »
4088 is an interesting set.  Why are there children in it?  I like it none the less.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 15:38:15 »
4088 is an interesting set.  Why are there children in it?

Both the German civil defence organisation (THW) and fire brigades have sections for youngsters where they learn the basic skills of the organisation concerned, and no doubt more than this.. 

UK fire brigades are also now introducing young firefighter sections, although these often go beyond the basic skills and into basic literacy, numeracy and more.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 19:23:33 »
Why are there children in it?

I assume because (at least) in Germany for firerescue and THW there are also (sub-) organizations which are taking care for the youth, because in those areas it's quite important to take care for the junior staff to prevent for shortage of recruits. Those organizations are dependend on volunteers taking over (some) duties. Especially in rural areas or smaller cities there isn't a career fire service but only a volunteering fire brigade available (sponsored by the local authorities or by private persons).

Update: Ups, sorry Gordon. You named it perfectly. Didn't noticed that you post in the same time ... em, well your post is quite a while ago ... so sorry I didn't see your post at all  :-[ (hm, was on a new page ...)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 20:04:50 »
Update: Ups, sorry Gordon. You named it perfectly. Didn't noticed that you post in the same time ... em, well your post is quite a while ago ... so sorry I didn't see your post at all  :-[ (hm, was on a new page ...)
No problem, Jochen, your post has added to my knowledge of the system too. :)

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 21:03:36 »
Hello Jochen and Gordon,

In the U.S. many fire departments and police departments have youth programs too. I myself started as a fire explorer for the department I'm with now. Fire exploring or cadet programs are part of the boy scouts and are for youths between the ages of 16 and 21.  Many departments treat explorers as almost volunteer firefighters, so you get to do quite a lot. I remember when I was on a ride along and got to hit the hydrant on my 1st structure fire.  ;D It was a lot of fun. Over here it really is a great program.

Ben