Author Topic: Nordsee Game Sets  (Read 5359 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Nordsee Game Sets
« on: September 21, 2006, 14:52:17 »
Ask and ye shall receive Richard  ;) Actually I thought I had posted this ages ago here, but hadn't it turns out.

The primary set is 4901. It includes the playing board with instructions, a die, a Sea King figure, and 4 fish playpieces.

From what I understand from the instructions the starfish is having a party and invited his fish friends, the goal being to get from the beginning to the party. There are some characters here which I assume are from the Nordsee company as well as the figures from the three sets shown in this review.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Nordsee Game Sets
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 14:53:12 »
There are two more components for the game available for purchase. These are the equivalent of add-ons and come in a plastic bag. They have no set number anywhere on them and there are no part numbers in any of the sets. They contain an additional figure with accessories and two additional fish playing pieces.

The Mermaid:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 14:55:17 »
The third component is a bit odd but I like it anyway.

The Sea Ghost:

Here is a final photo of all three parts together.

I really like this set. The additional sets you can purchase make it more extensive than the previous games. Most of the games produced have been similar in gameboard and styling. Fortunately for me they tend to feature unique colored animals. Except the last one - colored traffic cones???

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 15:40:55 »
And how do you play the game? :)

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  I missed the bit at the end of Tom's first post! ::)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 21:54:17 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 17:54:16 »

Thanks, Tim, for a great review ...  :)9

Now I wish that I had ordered some from Socrates ...  :eh?:

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 21:17:18 »
Now I wish that I had ordered some from Socrates ...  :eh?:

Me too.  :yup: ;)

They do look much nicer out of their packets.

I think Tim's skill with setting the pieces up and photographing them has made them look quite irresistable.  ;)

I love the coloured fish, especially. I didn't realise that there were 8 different ones until I saw these pics!

Nor did I realise that the bagged sets are like add-ons to the boxed game. Quite a clever way to market them, as it meant you had to go back and buy more fish meals in order to complete the set.

Thanks for the review, Tim. :)9

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 21:29:37 »
Nor did I realise that the bagged sets are like add-ons to the boxed game. Quite a clever way to market them, as it meant you had to go back and buy more fish meals in order to complete the set.

They sold them seperately after all. Otherwise I would have had to eat about 50 of these kids meals...  8}
Sorry, Richard and Sylvia. I will count you in for the next Nordsee Special, if you want it or not. ;)

best
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 01:41:13 »
Sorry, Richard and Sylvia. I will count you in for the next Nordsee Special, if you want it or not. ;)

best
socrates

Thanks, Socrates ...  :-[

All the best,
Richard