Author Topic: 5203 and 5204 are at my local toy store!!!!!  (Read 8758 times)

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
5203 and 5204 are at my local toy store!!!!!
« on: July 19, 2011, 17:59:39 »
Just drove home with 38 of the new surprise figures! They arrived at the Science Safari in Cary, NC, yesterday...1 box each of 72 of 5203 boys and 5204 girls. I was tempted to buy all of them but decided to give others the chance to collect a few.

Spent about 15 minutes in the store trying to ID the boys figures and could only figure out the (6) chef (large baking tray) and the athlete (10) large trophy. Was looking for a guitar player (7), but his guitar is two pieces, so I could not feel it properly! The cool thing is that the first package I opened (while stopped at a red light o\driving home!) was the guitar player! Pretty good odds at that point since I got what I was after. He is pretty darn cool!

Really excited about these figures because I just placed a huge Clickie order (3 pages of Excel spreadsheet) with PM US, and they probably will not have many of the figures in stock as usual.

Check your local toystore each day as orders are arriving earlier than expected. The great news is that they were only 2.99USD, which is cheaper than I expected.

My photos begin with the 11 women, all but the last one, no. 12.

Good luck finding the little folks, Pgal ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:42:49 by playmogal »
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: 5203 and 5204 are at my local toy store!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 19:11:13 »
Oh, that's great news!!! I can't wait to get my hands on some of these! :love: :love: :love:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Saskia

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 20:41:28 »
Wow, I'm hoping to find them here soon. So far the stores have no idea when they'll arrive (if they know what it is that I'm asking about).

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 20:50:58 »
Here, NOBODY knew what I was talking about.

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 01:45:09 »
I, too, was quite shocked to see them on the shelf today. However, I recovered very quickly and grabbed them before someone who knew what they are walked in!

The second set of females is shown below. The new hair colors are wonderful additions to the limited choices for women and men as are the glasses and some of the hats.

Have not had time to mix and match any of the parts. I do have the set of 12 plain Clickies sold by PM as an add on, but am not sure that any of those parts will fit the new collectibles except for hair and hats. Does anyone know if we can mix the new ones with the older ones, and if so, which older ones?

Enjoy, Pgal :lol:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:06:36 by playmogal »
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 01:48:16 »
Three of the final four female collectible figures are pictured below. I picked up 24 of the females and managed to get all but number 12, a real beauty.

Did not have time to finger the female bags, so will try for one of her tomorrow when things slow down a bit.
Cheers, Pgal ;D

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 01:52:18 »
I was unable to find the guitar player in the male box of collectibles, but had no luck because the guitar comes in two parts. But I did identify the baker and athlete with a trophy. I purchased 14 male figures and ended up with 9 of the 12 possible men.

The first four are shown below.
Cheers, Pgal

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 01:58:02 »
Today was the first time we had built a complete figure; before we had just taken off heads and hair. It was interesting seeing what was inside them for a change.

The only problems we had building them was that the hair was difficult to attach to the heads on 4 figures, and is still not mounted properly on the guitar player. Not sure why it is so difficult, but few chiidren would be able to build all of these figures. Also it is helpful if you have a small pair of pointed tweezers to mount the tiny rhinestones on a couple of the female figures.

Enjoy the guys below, Pgal ;D

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 02:01:58 »
The final photos of the first batch of collectibles purchased today are shown below. They are my favorite figure, the guitar player. Everything about him is so cool! (Hubby's favorite is the grim reaper; he built the male figures tonight while I put together the females.)

Good luck and be patient finding the ones you want, Pgal :wave:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 08:09:05 »
I'm gonna need the part number of those gloves (the winter woman - IMG_2860.jpg).. Tried to order some (from the frozen dinos sets) and came as not available...  But they should be available now, no?

And I LOVE the skull shirt of the guitar player :)