Author Topic: What are your top 3 most cherised /rare MISB sets ?  (Read 4770 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: What are your top 3 most cherised /rare MISB sets ?
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2020, 09:06:45 »
I am a bit surprised no one ' seems' to have any beloved boxed sets  ???. I for sure not the one to keep sets in their boxes just happened to have a few I guess. it would be interesting to see here other collectors their most rare boxed sets with pics , that was the idea of this rather than read about what MISB means in other languages and some bitter comments towards boxed sets or something … ??? ???
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2020, 09:48:50 »
Sorry Giorginetto, if I and others have put a dampener on your topic. I am sure there are many Collectors who have cherished Mint In Sealed Box sets, so I hope they will answer the call and show them!

And it was me who started the side track discussion about the phrase Birdie used

I'll be the one swearing in church...

So, sorry again!  :-[
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline NICO

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Greetings from Geobratia
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2020, 11:12:22 »
I'll be the one swearing in church, but I don't do MISB  :lol:  I need my Playmobil in hand  8-)

I thought he didn't collect MISB either. And I don't really have any particularly valuable sets. But if I have stopped to think that I am accumulating a few closed boxes (Greek gods, some promotional ones,...) probably the most valuable of all is the promotional one of SIKA 4905. And in any case I estimate for the set a value of ¿50 €? Maybe less.

I hope one day to build a small construction diorama, and that's why I have it, so the time will come to open it... sometime

PS: That 5400 set has many living beings in it. The poor animals are going to drown! Those trees should contribute to the photosynthesis...  :lol:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2020, 19:20:54 »
That looks like a great set. When this photo was taken, the owner wouldn't even take their hand off the box!

Wow that does look great, better than I remember! Maybe...maybe I should open it!
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2020, 07:02:50 »
My oldest is 5405, the Victorian general and his buddy, because at some point I bought two. That duopack Graham posted is the only MIB I have without an opened double. I normally don't like blisters, but they are great for MIB. Then I have some duplicates from PCC days, and a few of the other historical exclusives.

I don't have the money and space to be a MIB collector. I couldn't store a large MIB set. Mine are all figures. As it is, I may have to re-evaluate my MIBs. Eventually.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2020, 10:05:36 »
Sorry to go slightly off topic, but if you have already opened a 5405, Ismene, can you tell me what sort of weapon the General's buddy has in his belt? On the box (and a couple of pictures online e.g. https://en.todocoleccion.net/playmobil/playmobil-serie-rosa-1900-ref-5405~x51350210), it looks like a chrome or silver-grey bayonet. What do you think?

Actually, this isn't off topic, because MISB sets can be the key to discovering what the contents actually were. Especially if they are no longer S[ealed]!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2020, 02:45:11 »
I have an unopened 4275 Roman Tower and TWO unopened 4273 Roman Commander's Tents. The latter set has two klickies that never appeared in any other set (to my knowledge), the purple caped commander and the orange togged soldier wearing slippers.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2020, 17:16:47 »
I have an unopened 4275 Roman Tower and TWO unopened 4273 Roman Commander's Tents. The latter set has two klickies that never appeared in any other set (to my knowledge), the purple caped commander and the orange togged soldier wearing slippers.

I cant help but remember back in 2006/2007 when the first roman sets were out. Great time and a great line of new sets that caused quite a stir to us collectors. I will never forget going into a TRUs back then and buying over 30 sets at one time, :loco: :loco: :loco:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2020, 21:49:20 »
Sorry to go slightly off topic, but if you have already opened a 5405, Ismene, can you tell me what sort of weapon the General's buddy has in his belt? On the box (and a couple of pictures online e.g. https://en.todocoleccion.net/playmobil/playmobil-serie-rosa-1900-ref-5405~x51350210), it looks like a chrome or silver-grey bayonet. What do you think?

Actually, this isn't off topic, because MISB sets can be the key to discovering what the contents actually were. Especially if they are no longer S[ealed]!

Correct! It's a matte silver (not chrome) bayonet.
https://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=12998.msg241318#msg241318

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2020, 16:16:34 »
Thanks Ismene! I had forgotten that 2013 post!