Author Topic: playkingdoms' Roman Dio (2019)  (Read 4997 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: playkingdoms' Roman Dio (2019)
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2020, 11:45:56 »
Oh this is AMAZING!  :love:  :love:  :love:

Thank you ;)

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2021, 02:47:59 »
Love this. Just when I think I may be nearing the point of snapping some pictures another shining example of a beautiful collection makes me feel utterly inferior in the best of ways : ) that drawbridge and especially that wooden portion of the tower are incredibly imposing as well as just beautiful, wow that tower...really really enjoyed the spread of tiny flowers lining the forest floor! This is an effect I was hoping to introduce one day and am pleased with the successful outcome, thanks now I know it works wonderfully!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2021, 18:39:34 »
Love this. Just when I think I may be nearing the point of snapping some pictures another shining example of a beautiful collection makes me feel utterly inferior in the best of ways : ) that drawbridge and especially that wooden portion of the tower are incredibly imposing as well as just beautiful, wow that tower...really really enjoyed the spread of tiny flowers lining the forest floor! This is an effect I was hoping to introduce one day and am pleased with the successful outcome, thanks now I know it works wonderfully!

Thank you :)

After a couple of winter dios I wanted something more colorful, and a place to use those trees (my favorite playmotree EVER ;) )

Offline PlaymoGuardian

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2021, 01:20:39 »
Well, when I first commented on this diorama I thought you only offered the first picture. I reread some of the posts from other members and things got a bit confusing. People were referencing details from the inside and other portions, which were otherwise invisible from the first view. For a little bit, I thought they were playing along in a pretend vision of what surely would happen or exist in some sort of role play. Now I realize I’m just a fool. I found the GALLERY, which shines more light on these things. Wow. So much more detail than I even realized. Love the bird nests on the face of the rock wall. Definitely like the rolling of barrels (thought that was going to be a unique thing I could add when I create something because I haven’t seen it before, but what was I thinking?) The barrels full of arrows was another thing I wanted to do eventually (something I thought of after inspiration from a computer game, but it’s hard to find arrows at the moment!)... as I mentioned in my previous post, the two towers that connect to one another along with the separate wooden tower are stunning. I would enjoy replicating these one day in homage to this inspiration so any insight into their creation would be most appreciated (especially as it applies to what parts I will need to acquire in order to accomplish this feat?)... furthermore, is the wooden tower similar to the westernish train station I’ve seen around?.. I’m not even sure how each floor has staircases as the levels rise...it seems as if there is just enough room to encase two of the typical light brown floor boards in most medieval house sets?.. overall, epic : )

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2021, 08:50:06 »
Well, when I first commented on this diorama I thought you only offered the first picture. I reread some of the posts from other members and things got a bit confusing. People were referencing details from the inside and other portions, which were otherwise invisible from the first view. For a little bit, I thought they were playing along in a pretend vision of what surely would happen or exist in some sort of role play. Now I realize I’m just a fool. I found the GALLERY, which shines more light on these things.

A sign of the times, I think... I found out some people thought the extend of the Galactica customs was the pic used on the link  :-\  - guess I am just old (AND I don't use a phone to see these, so I tend to click on stuff  ;D )

Though I wouldn't exactly call playkingdoms a "gallery", but... :)   

Wow.

Thank you :)  This dio, the tiny part inside the fortress was quite inspired in the romanish fort one - Crassus and Kore (well, him before finished, and a first version of her  :-[ ) were present there too, and the house was based on the one there too.

You can see all the dios on pk here : Museum: Dioramas (direct link on playkingdoms)

I would enjoy replicating these one day in homage to this inspiration so any insight into their creation would be most appreciated (especially as it applies to what parts I will need to acquire in order to accomplish this feat?)... furthermore, is the wooden tower similar to the westernish train station I’ve seen around?.. I’m not even sure how each floor has staircases as the levels rise...it seems as if there is just enough room to encase two of the typical light brown floor boards in most medieval house sets?.. overall, epic : )

The wooden parts of the tower are half-height foundations (or whatever you wanna call them), from the safari station and freight station.. and of course from our beloved 7400 (is this a good place? 7400! 7400! 7400! 7400! 7400! 7400! 7400! We NEED a 7400 reedition!! 7400! 7400! 7400! 7400! 7400! 7400!)

The tower was done in 2013, and reused here (mentioned on the small making of from the 2019 dio).