Author Topic: 70389 Everdreamerz Surprise Boxes Series 1  (Read 6540 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 70389 Everdreamerz Surprise Boxes Series 1
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 22:37:17 »
Mr Dentist

Way scarier than Lady Nightmare I think. Full set of dental tools, has that nice hat with the steampunk goggles on it. Clever use there. His printed mouth is  just a little high to not be covered up by the face mask. The hair is the white wig with a short ponytail but done in red for him. Unexpected choice there.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 22:39:06 »
Toothache

A really interesting depiction of the concept. Great printing on the figure (none on the back).  Nice hair color. Comes with a pink pillow, and the sticker on the candy packet looks like some kind of rock candy.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 22:47:01 »
Balloon Lady

The lollipop style balloons are cool, they come assembled and are printed on only one side. I assume the pink pin for the stand is so that it can be connected to a base plate and not fall over. I was able to get it to balance fine with just a little effort. A nice figure but not the most exciting to me.

Over all I think this is a great set of figures. It's nice to see them working in a theme, and it really works for me on this one. The next series will be comic book themed and does not look any where as good to me. Lots of cool little accessories in these. The retail price is $6.99 USD a box. That is high compared to Specials Plus for instance. Regular Figures series is $3.99. Is it worth an extra $3 for what you get? The answer will vary but I suspect the price point will keep sales down. This particular group I think is really strong, the next not so much. Will they make it through all 5 series? Or will they not sell well enough and the theme peters out after 2 or maybe even after just this one? With world events this isn't the best time to be launching a premium priced theme. We will see I guess.

That's it for this review. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 02:01:07 »
I have been interested in these since they were first announced. A lot of interesting parts in there. I feel like I need to go buy a case of them myself.  Thank you for the review!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 08:59:14 »
Thanks for the reviews, Tiermann. The clickies have great colours and some nice accessories  :love:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 11:54:52 »
Great review, Tiermann! It was a wise decision to buy a full case to ensure you got all the figures, especially as one was short. Extra Toothaches to remind children this is what they may get from too much candy?

The lemon and lime figures with their garish fungi are hopefully not sending out the wrong message about edibility!

Too expensive for me, but some very interesting parts!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 12:53:37 »
Thanks so much Tim! They look wonderful. I was underway getting the subparts sorted out for these, but now I can fill them out for sure, and (with credit) will use your lovely clear pictures as before. The links to Animobil from each part-page (like k70389k - Lady Nightmare) are in place.

Would you be able to help me sort out the numbers for the stickers (both large character ones and smaller labels) and the collector cards? I have some of them but they're not assigned to figures, and therefore have no pictures. The cupcake-charms, I have some of the numbers for, but despair of figuring out which is which! Maybe they'll get Spanish names with the colour codes.

70389 - Surprise box - Candy World

PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2020, 15:43:51 »
Thanks for the indepth views! I kind of always wondered what it'd look like if Playmobil did a candy them (I made my own too) so the Everdreamerz fulfilled that desire! I'm REALLY digging some of the new pieces like the citrus mushrooms and the golden hair of Mr. Rides. I was skeptical of this line, but I guess I'm hooked now! Still, I can't help but wonder what direction Playmobil will go after this.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 15:48:27 »
Thank you for the review, Tiermann :)

I was on the fence about doing these (expecting them), but I think I'll pass.  After all, still have The Movie and s17 to do... hopefully before next year  :-[

Lots to love here. Great figure with a chocolate cherry motif. The Fairy Queen hair from the Super 4 theme used here, with a little black rubber band that goes around the top of the hair. Nice concept for that. 

Ah, so that's what it is...  :) 

Will just note here that the charms that look like cupcakes have a thick pin on the top that fits into the bottom. This is different from the actual cupcakes top mold and so they can't be used with normal cupcake bottoms without modification.

:o  I went to see what you mean, since I have a couple lose already. I can't FREAKING believe this. SERIOUSLY!?

FRITZ TOMÉ!!!  Gods, such stupidity.  >:(   

I was planning to just leave these silly ringed bases aside, and get "bottoms" for the pretty tops... like this, either cut the stupid rings or be left with useless gorgeous cupcakes.

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2020, 15:57:16 »
Thank you for the review, Tiermann :)

I was on the fence about doing these (expecting them), but I think I'll pass.  After all, still have The Movie and s17 to do... hopefully before next year  :-[

Ah, so that's what it is...  :) 

:o  I went to see what you mean, since I have a couple lose already. I can't FREAKING believe this. SERIOUSLY!?

FRITZ TOMÉ!!!  Gods, such stupidity.  >:(   

I was planning to just leave these silly ringed bases aside, and get "bottoms" for the pretty tops... like this, either cut the stupid rings or be left with useless gorgeous cupcakes.

It just never ends does it? Btw, where can you buy the full case?! My mom and I lucked up ONCE and that was for the Mystery Figures Series 10 on the Playmobil site.