Author Topic: The Enchanted Forest  (Read 11693 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: The Enchanted Forest
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 18:14:56 »
A gorgeous diorama, and wonderful photography of it. So many things I love. The placement of the buildings all seems very natural, and the paths through the forest are perfect. Everything just seems to fit as if it's been there for years. Very impressive.

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2015, 07:23:56 »
Wonderful!

And what is even more exciting: almost everything is original Playmobil!
I am concerned about where the "collector community" is heading (with all the resin and 3D printing). But your diorama is a nice example what can be done with only minimal external parts.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

HDL

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2015, 13:07:20 »
What a beautiful diorama, love the way you have tucked so many things into the forest, and how they are hiding when you look down from above.  All of the little details that you have squeezed in to every scene, add to the feeling that they have been living there for a very long time.  Love the purple flower vine detail.  It is a pity that you need to take it down, but I remember how large the platform was in your "making of" thread. 
kaethe

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2015, 13:22:19 »
Wonderful!

I am concerned about where the "collector community" is heading (with all the resin and 3D printing). But your diorama is a nice example what can be done with only minimal external parts.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

HDL

Only some are headed there. There will always be the purists. 3D for us is just going to be a way to make replacement discontinued parts that are very rare.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2015, 23:51:14 »
Only some are headed there. There will always be the purists. 3D for us is just going to be a way to make replacement discontinued parts that are very rare.

I agree.  There are still very many purists.  I find myself in that group. 
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2015, 15:56:28 »
Such a great diorama. I love each picture. I think the one with the little girl petting the squirrel is my favourite. Thank you for sharing this lovely place in playmoworld!
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 20:21:38 »
Cute! All those details! Goldig mit all den Details!

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 08:10:57 »
Thank you so much everyone for your sweet comments  :)  They make me very happy!
I really like this one too, it worked out better than I expected. And now I've got all the trees I'll ever need, I guess  ;D

I actually didn't take it down yet. I haven't decided on my next project, and it's not in the way really. Oh, and I didn't feel like sorting and dragging around boxes for a whole day  :-[

Wonderful!

Well I have used Sylvanian furniture (the double bed and some cupboards and accessories), and I don't really mind using non-PM stuff, as long as it blends in well. That's my main concern.

Offline MandyJ

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 12:39:35 »
I only just saw this, I'm still learning to navigate the forum.

Everything is just wonderful, so much detail and color. There is something wonderful to see in every picture from magicians, ogre's and centaurs to every day life in a medieval village and that beautiful waterfall, it must have taken you ages to do.

I loved the tree's, the buildings, the animals, the tree dwelling and the enchanted forest, everything.

I thoroughly enjoyed looking at all your pictures and now I'm going to go back again   :)
Mandy

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 16:26:17 »
What a lovely diorama, and so much detail there.  I love so many things, especially the cat on the bed!
The use of the roof from the sportsman's hut on a steck house is a great idea.
I can sympathise with how you feel about having to dismantle it; when you have spent so long working on and setting up something it is very sad to have to put it all away as you can never recreate it exactly the same.
Luckily you have some great photos to look back on and share with others.

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).