Author Topic: Korean Air Figures  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Korean Air Figures
« on: March 13, 2022, 16:32:51 »
I don't think this has been discussed anywhere....

Following on from Starbucks, Korean Air is the latest Korean company to have a collaboration with Playmobil. Pilot, Air Stewardess, and technician are all available - and they seem to ship worldwide, though they're definitely on the pricey side even without the shipping

https://www.e-skyshop.com/EN/prod/productList.aspx?cate=NEW

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Korean Air Figures
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 17:57:00 »
Did they use the wrong eyes, or is this a south vs north thing?

Thanks for the info, I’d love to get the attendant and captain
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 06:11:59 »
Cute! I like the stewardess.

Did they use the wrong eyes, or is this a south vs north thing?
It's only foreigners that insist on using different eyes for Asian people. No one's eyelids open in perfect circles (that would be terrifying), and within Asia, there's no particular need to signal that these klickies are Asian.

I've noticed this with Korean/Chinese/Japanese comics. Occasionally, an American will interpret characters as white because the eyes aren't narrow, but a lot of these characters have giant bug-eyes anyway. Big round eyes are used to represent cuteness and youthfulness, not whiteness.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 13:58:08 »
Oh, I guess all the double eyelid surgeries are for something else  ???

Similar to how all the Jesus sets should be darker skin tones (as the joke goes “ what’s one thing not in the Bible? White people”  :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 15:39:00 »
Oh, I guess all the double eyelid surgeries are for something else  ???

Similar to how all the Jesus sets should be darker skin tones (as the joke goes “ what’s one thing not in the Bible? White people”  :lol:

I'm just talking about artistic representations. East Asian people aren't always drawn with narrow eyes.   
Double eyelid surgery is a complex topic. Not everyone who gets it is aiming to look more white, although western beauty standards do play a factor.

There are Romans in the Bible.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 02:36:29 »
I'm just talking about artistic representations. East Asian people aren't always drawn with narrow eyes.   
Double eyelid surgery is a complex topic. Not everyone who gets it is aiming to look more white, although western beauty standards do play a factor.

I think Jesus spent time roman in the desert.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2022, 03:25:50 »
I think Jesus spent time roman in the desert.

That’s clever funny  :lol:

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2022, 21:27:47 »

Romans aren't white
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2022, 01:42:12 »
Romans aren't white

PM thinks they are. Whiteness is a social construct, so the definition is fluid and not necessarily meaningful. Romans were European (mostly?) and, if modern Italians are anything to go by, had a range of skin colors. Moreover, not all Roman citizens were solely born from the peoples of the Italian peninsula. Maybe the light tan PM skin color is the best estimated "average." There are a number of Romans in the Bible, and surely at least one of them was quite pale. 

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2022, 02:28:54 »
Nope.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: