Author Topic: White shepherd family  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
White shepherd family
« on: March 25, 2007, 16:35:54 »
I know, there will be a set coming this fall with white shepherds (4237), but as I have customized these animals already several weeks ago (and I'm now updating my homepage with making several pics of things not shown so far) I post them anyway.

In contrast to albinos (animals, which lack color pigments and for this often have a delicate healthy) the white shepherds are a breed on their own. It has the same nature and characteristics like the German shepherd, from which, by the way, it is descended. He can take him on any time, even has been preferred as shepherd because of his white fur, which makes it more easy to distinguish from wolves.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: White shepherd family
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 18:08:10 »
Very nice! I like the attention to detail, such as the dark colour you painted around the dog's mouth. :)9

I wasn't aware that the new Circus dogs were White Shepherds - hadn't looked that closely at them until now. :-[ I think I was too distracted by the female figure in that set. She's very attractive. ;)

Thanks for the background information on the breed. Very interesting! :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 18:53:31 »
Another great custom, Jochen.  I, too, was puzzled which set had white shepherds in as I hadn't paid any attention to the circus sets.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 19:09:32 »
Another great custom, Jochen.  I, too, was puzzled which set had white shepherds in as I hadn't paid any attention to the circus sets.

I recognized the white dogs immediatly because I finished my ones just some weeks ago before the announcement of these sets had been made. So this is another cool addition from Playmobil because those original white dogs are more robust than my ones (no paint to peel of). I think only one of the puppies in white is still missing.

BTW, I'm always looking to all kind of new sets, even to those themes I'm not interested in in general, because maybe they contain any new cool items which I can order by DS later on. And so I already have a list with items I want to order from the new sets without buying them (e.g. the little barrels from one of the new pirate sets to be released later this year). Hm, sometimes it happens that I buy the set anyway  :-[

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 21:10:12 »
Nice customs, Jochen!
I had seen the new Circus Set, but never thought the dogs were shepherds... :eh?: ... because before reading this thread, I had never heard of "white shepherds" ...
I very well know the German Shepherd of course, and we have our own 'derivative' here in Belgium: the "Mechelen's Shepherd" (Mechelen is a Flemish city), which has a lighter fur then the German Shepherd. But a totally white version of the German Shepherd, I've never seen that... ???

here a pic of the Mechelen Shepherd:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 21:22:02 by hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 22:35:00 »
Very nicely done Jochen. I too had noticed the white shepherds. Did you notice the new cat and spotted puppy in the Reiterhof sets?

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 04:15:47 »
Oh, there are quite a lot pages available about this breed. Just taking the first three from google.de (searching for "weiße schäferhunde":

http://www.weisse-schaeferhunde.de/
http://www.vom-ebbegebirge.de/
http://www.white-shepherd-helpline.de/

Very nicely done Jochen. I too had noticed the white shepherds. Did you notice the new cat and spotted puppy in the Reiterhof sets?

Yes, I noticed those two new animals too. Eager to get them  :D

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 17:05:58 »
Another nice custom set Jo. I didn't know there was such a thing as White Shepherds until this thread.

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 07:26:52 »
Great custom Jochen,
But have they adopted two golden retriever pups??
Just kidding of course, nice paint job!!

Rob

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 04:51:08 »
But have they adopted two golden retriever pups??

Yes, I also was wondering, if these puppies will be suitable. But as the photos below show, obviously young shepherds also do have hanging ears when they are young, maybe a bit more pointed.

Source:
http://blogs.dhd24.com/albums/NicoleH./&task=view&up_id=23231/
http://www.edb-ag.de/agnes/load.html?http://home.arcor.de/3of9/fotoalbum2003/welpen2003.html