Author Topic: Playmo Tub Fun  (Read 8111 times)

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Playmo Tub Fun
« on: February 11, 2006, 04:30:31 »
The other day the kids were bored, so we did something different. We got as many different Playmo watercraft we could find and tossed them (and the kids) into the tub! They had a blast - and we've got pictures to prove it.

(This may be old info to most of you, but I always wondered why the weight was loose in my orca. I though it was broken, until I got a couple of others and they were all the same. Now I know! With the weight in the rear of the whale if floats with its head out of the water, and with the weight forward it floats level! How cool is that! And how sad that I just now realized it! :D)
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
Re: Playmo Tub Fun
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 04:32:16 »
More photos... The great white is from the new Target diver set. I don't have any other sharks like this, all our other ones are gray. so I do not know if that is a new creature or not.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 04:37:28 by Captain Henry »
He who rules the seas, rules the world! And pirates rule the seas! -- Captain Henry

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 04:34:37 »
We set up the jet skis with motors to go in a circle and had a sort of "race." It was great fun! They kept knocking into each other, and the kids would alternately cheer for them both: "Go yellow! Go white!" at the top of their lungs! We had a blast.

Offline Captain Henry

• Pirate King!
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 04:36:00 »
Last batch...

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 11:03:09 »
Thanks for sharing the results of your floating experiments. It's easy to see just how much fun the kids were having from that photo! :D

My youngest son has taken his pirate ship in the bath but I never thought to test anything else. We've got sharks and dolphins, so will have to give them a try also. I wonder if playing with some of these animals in water will loosen the joints over a period of time?

I found the perfect place to water test my Nessie... took her for a swim in Loch Ness. :)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 11:15:31 »
This may be old info to most of you, but I always wondered why the weight was loose in my orca. I though it was broken, until I got a couple of others and they were all the same. Now I know! With the weight in the rear of the whale if floats with its head out of the water, and with the weight forward it floats level! How cool is that! And how sad that I just now realized it! :D)

Oh  :omg: No, not old for me. I also wondered myself abou this, but also never give the animal a try in the water. Tz, that's what happens if you don't let follow the items their destination.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 11:23:14 »
Hello  CH

Thank you very much for the pictures. The kids certainly do look like they are having a great time. You certainly have a very impressive collection of water related Playmobil to experiment with and its great to see it being used  :)9.

Hello  Sylvia

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your amazing picture of Loch Ness with us. It is certainly a fitting place to take Nessie for a swim  ;D It is just a shame you did not get the real Nessie in the photo as well  :o  ;D

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 11:28:51 »
Lovely pictures from the seaside! Thanks for posting  :)

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006, 15:10:29 »
I've been looking at those jet skis as potential bath toys for the little guy.  He already takes his pirate ship AND all of his animals (not just the water animals) into the tub.  I've also been coveting the submarines.

Meg ~ the water doesn't seem to have any effect on them
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006, 16:43:28 »
Cap'n - where are the pirate ships? ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”