Author Topic: Photo Competition ???  (Read 25548 times)

Offline deadeye dick

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Capt'n of the Punisher
    • Deadeye Dick's
Photo Competition ???
« on: January 06, 2006, 15:45:59 »
Hello,

Do we have some kind of competition (photo and/or customization) on this board?
Just asking because the homepage is still rather empty and maybe we could have the winning pictures published over there... Don't know where this idea comes from (  0)) but it sounds fun when somebody regularly updates the pics  ;)

Regards,

DD.
Check out Deadeye Dick's hideout @ www.deadeye.be

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Photo Competition ???
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 15:56:05 »
You're right about the 'empty-looking' homepage. I am planning to do something with that pretty soon. It's mostly a matter of deciding on a layout and content.

A photo contest is a very nice idea and I would love to see pics by our members featured on the home page, though I am a little hesitant about directly copying ideas from other fan forums. ;)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 16:27:40 »
... I am a little hesitant about directly copying ideas from other fan forums. ;)

GREAT IDEA ... DD! ... :)9

Hello, Sylvia ...

Really? I thought that you knew the lady that runs that Yahoo place very, very well ... ;)

She probably wouldn't mind at all (if you "borrowed") an idea now ... Would she? ...  ::)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 04:50:19 »
Actually there was some (well, very little but it was the holidays)  talk of having folks submit monthly photos to go with the month...they could later be made into a calandar for 2007.
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 07:20:17 »
 ;) Yes, this could be a start and would be slightly different: for making the calendar photo competition we can set a monthly topic (related to the season). This might be an alternative (or addition) to a free competition (no specific topic, everything can be contributed).

Offline deadeye dick

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Capt'n of the Punisher
    • Deadeye Dick's
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 09:08:08 »
Sounds wonderful: the monthly 2007 calendar contest  :)9
Now another question: would you mix photo and customization contest?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 09:46:02 »

Now another question: would you mix photo and customization contest?

Is that custom figures or custom items in general, e.g. vehicles, pirate ships?

(Though on reflection, how you compare a custom fire engine in a contest with a custom pirate ship is probably impossible.  Do it on a basis of whether the fire engine can sink the pirate ship by flooding it before the pirates destroy the fie engine with their cannon? ??? 

Not one of my best questions!  Let's forget I asked. ;D)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 12:43:03 »
Is that custom figures or custom items in general, e.g. vehicles, pirate ships?

(Though on reflection, how you compare a custom fire engine in a contest with a custom pirate ship is probably impossible.  Do it on a basis of whether the fire engine can sink the pirate ship by flooding it before the pirates destroy the fie engine with their cannon? ??? 

Not one of my best questions!  Let's forget I asked. ;D)

Looks like you may have created yet another "contest," Gordon ... :)

The Monthly "Who can write the most convoluted post?" competition.

I challenge your post that you wrote here, Gordon, with this one that I wrote HERE! ...  ;D

However, in answer to the question that I think that you may have posed, perhaps this could be mostly a "photo" competition judged on the imaginative, creative or artistic composition of the picture. What do you think?

All the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 15:38:21 »
Looks like you may have created yet another "contest," Gordon ... :)

The Monthly "Who can write the most convoluted post?" competition.

However, in answer to the question that I think that you may have posed, perhaps this could be mostly a "photo" competition judged on the imaginative, creative or artistic composition of the picture. What do you think?

All the best,
Richard

Hmmmmm, I didn't read the original post properly, did I?   Sorry about that, folks.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline deadeye dick

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Capt'n of the Punisher
    • Deadeye Dick's
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 17:17:38 »
I just started an answer (half hour ago) to explain why I think it would be nice to have two different contests: photo & customization... Then I started to get confused if it's really necessary... So, in the end it's still confusing and I stop thinking for today  O0 (b.t.w. I like this smiley  ;D - no, not this one; the one with the afro style hair)...