Author Topic: A good delivery day!  (Read 2307 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
A good delivery day!
« on: June 03, 2010, 14:11:32 »
It's been a good day today - the postman brought ten parcels  (admittedly one was an ink cartridge and another some new trainers for Junior (who has lost his best ones!) but the rest ... lets just say it's a good job that Sandy was at work  ;D
Among them was a Roman arena that I won on ebay, it has a few pieces missing such as a flame and holder, some chains, helmets and shields and other small bits that I expect I can get from ds. but the arena itself is perfect and I didn't think it was a bad buy for £12.00  :)

The only trouble is that I wasn't collecting Romans.... I just saw this shortly before it ended and got carried away!....now I'll have to look for more - wish Junior hadn't lost his trainers, I could have used that money for more Playmobil   >:D
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
Re: A good delivery day!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 14:18:34 »
That's a great buy for £12!

I must admit I have been looking at these Roman arenas as they look very fun, but that would be breaking my rule of just collecting modern :-[

And then, like you, I'd have to buy all the other sets to go with it 8}

Damn Playmobil's marketing strategies! >:D

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 14:28:20 »
Congratulations on an excellent acquisition, Elaine :yup:! BTW, what are "trainers" :hmm:? I know here, we use training pants or padded disposable underwear for small children to prevent accidents while potty training :-[!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 14:35:55 »
Excellent aquisition Elaine!

If you don't feel like starting on the romans I am sure there are people here who wouldnt mind taking it of your hands for the right price *wink* (just kidding)

Bill: trainers are general sport shoes.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 15:26:09 »
Bill: trainers are general sport shoes.

Thanks for the clarification, Gis :P! I didn't think,......never mind :-\! I've never heard of this usage before!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 15:29:09 »
Thanks for the clarification, Gis :P! I didn't think,......never mind :-\! I've never heard of this usage before!

Over here, Bill, we've never heard the alternative meaning of the word.  As someone said, two countries separated by a common language.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 15:30:02 »
Congratulations, Elaine, on a great buy at a bargain price.  Romans will follow as night follows day.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 16:32:18 »
12 GBP!!! What a deal!!! I have two of them, mostly becuase i wanted the columns and red/black tribune and the gladiators... But your deal was great Elaine!! Congratulations!!!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 16:41:25 »
Ink cartridge, Junior's sneakers, Roman Arena.

Seven parcels still unaccounted for...

Great price for that Arena, that's how we all get involved in themes we don't even collect!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 17:33:29 »
Ink cartridge, Junior's sneakers, Roman Arena.

Seven parcels still unaccounted for...

Julius Caesar
12 pieces of fencing
patio floor, curtains and open frames for Victorian Mansion
A Medieval lady
Assorted 'pewter' items
Old stove, Woodpile, log, axe and mouse, Bikini lady on lilo
A nun in box
(I' hidden them away and had to go and look to see what the last one was, I'd forgottenm I thought it was a plane but that was yesterday!  :-[)
Quite a strange assortment but I have a use for all of them

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).