Author Topic: 6697: Reverse Side of Take Along Black Baron's Castle  (Read 3872 times)

Online JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
6697: Reverse Side of Take Along Black Baron's Castle
« on: March 20, 2016, 00:50:51 »
This is the reverse side of the Black Baron's Castle from the Super 4 series. The room on the top floor has a trap door in the ceiling (not seen here) which opens up onto the roof. The ladder on the right can be positioned there to lead from the room to the roof. When not in use, the room is closed off with piece of brick wall seen behind the princess on right. This allows the backside to be completely enclosed when the towers are swung inward.

The towers have small shelves where small objects can be placed, & knobs to hang things from, such as the Colossus' shield. The two platforms collapse both inward & downward,which allows the two towers to swing inward to completely enclose the back, enabling it be a portable case; hence the name, "Take Along." The wooden beams on the roof serve as the handle.

There are stickers on the walls of the upper room, a coat-of-arms & a banner. A 3rd sticker was meant to go on the floor as a rug, but I wanted something I could use with other sets, so I attached the sticker to the back of the sheet the sticker was on, then cut it out with scissors to get something I could re-position & use elsewhere.

For the sake of the pictures, I've added these items not included in the set: the trees; goblet, candlesticks, feeding trough, & grass.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: 6697: Reverse Side of Take Along Black Baron's Castle
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 22:27:15 »
So, interestingly, it would seem as if the black vambraces that the archer figure has in this set are actually based on the design of (what I'd call) the classic vambrace. What makes this interesting is that it's for wide-wrist arms and not the traditional arms. I don't think that we've talked about this before, but I am definitely happy to see a vambrace like this for the wide-wrist figures since they don't seem to be going away anytime soon!

That said, the archer is probably the best new figure to come from the Super 4 line in my opinion. It's a simple design with good colours. I'll definitely be trying to get a few of those (and the vambraces) at some point. The castle is a bit lacking though, but it's nice to see detailed pictures of the back. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 02:56:48 »
like Pynedor, the only part I was looking at keenly was what he referred to as the "vambrace",
if would be exciting if it has design different from our classic PM vambrace.

JL, can it hold on snugly over a traditional PM wrist?
Anybody seen any other color other than black for now?

I can just use a round file to open up the narrowed end of our classic arm guard....is the new vambrace slightly longer?

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 04:07:11 »
Anybody seen any other color other than black for now?

That's exactly what I am wondering, since it seems they may have discontinued some of the classic ones (though they are still in a few sets). And I've also noticed wide-wrist arm equipment appearing on traditional armed figures in some of the newer sets, so presumably the wide-wrist pieces fit (but maybe not well).

I haven't seen this piece in any other colour though. 
~Pynedor~

Online JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 16:52:19 »

It fits fine on other klickies, a good secure fit.

I'll take a few better pics of this in a few.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 20:44:42 »

It fits fine on other klickies, a good secure fit.

I'll take a few better pics of this in a few.

Interesting. I look forward to seeing how it looks. :)
~Pynedor~

Online JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 22:42:33 »
Even though I'm a medieval historian, & do re-enactment, including archery, I was unfamiliar with the word vambrace. Thanks for turning me on to a new bit of knowledge!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vambrace

Will take some pics for you tonight. Hopefully, I can get some good detail for you.

I'm not sure how the archer klicky differs from an ordinary klicky, You say he has wide-wrists? I put the vambrace on a Roman Legionaire & it fits fine. I'll try a few other klickies for you.

Is this a vambrace? Is it of any interest as well? This is the klicky seen in the center room, ground floor.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 01:26:04 »
...I'm not sure how the archer klicky differs from an ordinary klicky, You say he has wide-wrists? I put the vambrace on a Roman Legionaire & it fits fine. I'll try a few other klickies for you.

maybe we should say "will it fit snugly over wrists of klickies with narrowed wrists" .....like your 'Baron' with the glass eye, he has a narrowed wrist over which the classic PM arm guards with a 'lip' snaps onto (so classic PM arm guards with the additional 'lip' cant fit over the wrist of the Roman Legionaire and most of your knights in this carry along set)

Online JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 03:44:35 »
Here are the best pics I could come up with of this piece; I'm sorry if they're a bit unclear, but the black was hard for me to photograph. The piece is the same for both the archer & the guard in this set. If it can't be seen distinctly, each vambrace has 2 buckled straps on it. I put them on 2 other klickies; the female is from the Merry Men's Feast set & the male is from the early '80s with wrists that do not turn. They seem to fit fine at the wrists (?), but not quite so well in the upper arms.

I don't know the distinctions between the klickies, wrist sizes, etc., that they possess! I may not be able to answer any detailed questions beyond this, but you can give me a try.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 07:36:54 »
you went through a lot of trouble photographing these but I think of the four klikies, maybe only the maid(new set number? I dont have her) MIGHT have a narrowed wrist...here's a photo to show you what we meant....classic arm guards clips into these gaps between the hand and sleeves.....the Roman Legionaire doesnt have such hands.

judging from your photos I would say the length of these new vambraces are the same as those old arm guards......and probably a tight fit...otherwise they'll rotate and need some blue tac  :P