Author Topic: The Beginning of My Zoo  (Read 1924 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
The Beginning of My Zoo
« on: March 02, 2016, 17:16:46 »
I'm starting to build-up a zoo. Deluxe Toy & Hobby in Martins Ferry, Ohio, just brought in a ton of new Playmobil, including many new zoo add-ons, so the collecting begins now! I'm starting out with:

6648: Ostrich Couple with Nest
6649: Penguin Family
6650: Chimpanzee Family
6653: Tropical Birds
6656: Zoo Enclosure

I've got to get a LOT more of the fencing, & there are many new animals to pickup; the next will probably be the bigger pieces, such as the lions & the giraffes. There are also koalas & meerkats, plus alpacas & some other goodies. My other animal sets, such as the koala bear tree, the meerkat den, & the duck pond will be added eventually to the set-up. But, here is the bare-bones of the zoo so far.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: The Beginning of My Zoo
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 18:56:02 »
Nice sets... That fence has always escaped me...

Love the ground + sky!

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 23:10:20 »
The baby penguins are so cute! :love:

Nice additions to your collection!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 00:56:48 »
 :love: Great to see someone else starting on a zoo collection! There used to be so few of us. Great additions. And as you seem to have guessed, you can NEVER get too much fencing. Buy as much as you can!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 02:04:54 »
:love: Great to see someone else starting on a zoo collection! There used to be so few of us. Great additions. And as you seem to have guessed, you can NEVER get too much fencing. Buy as much as you can!

Buy more fence than you think you need! I'm still kicking myself for not getting more of certain styles.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 15:47:59 »
Yes, I have a huge container devoted just to fencing, and I can't even get the lid on it anymore, and I still just barely have enough!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 08:16:29 »
I see the start of something great here  :)

Luckily they reissue a new zoo every few years so if you need more fencing, there will always be something around  8-)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 16:31:28 »
I see the start of something great here  :)

Luckily they reissue a new zoo every few years so if you need more fencing, there will always be something around  8-)

Ahhhh yes, but youll still kick yourself for not buying more of a certain style (like I do with 7476 I need 2 or 3 more sets of this one)
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline castleofthemist

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 17:54:04 »
The fence escapes me, too. I am just now looking at sorting out some of my old sets, and building a large zoo from all of my individual sets. I want to get some of the new animals, but I do not want the new fence for them.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 18:23:06 »
Ahhhh yes, but youll still kick yourself for not buying more of a certain style (like I do with 7476 I need 2 or 3 more sets of this one)

I just checked and the individual pieces of the 7476 fence are still available at the Playmobil webshop (spare parts). Might be worth it?