Author Topic: A 36 years old 3550 in renewed glory!  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
A 36 years old 3550 in renewed glory!
« on: March 31, 2015, 08:35:21 »
A little side project is ready! The 36 years old 3550 pirate ship I got for my 9th birthday in 1979 -made me very popular, all the kids from school wanted to play with me (and the ship, I have to admit)- has had a makeover.

It has always been difficult for me to throw away old toys and especially this one. I wanted it so badly for my birthday but I knew it was way too expensive (I knew at that time the amount of money my parents would spent for a gift and this one was at least twice the price). I thought I would never get this one. But my parents asked my grandparents and some uncles and aunts to join so you can imagine the kind of surprise it was for me to get this -never expected- gift!

Now, after years of collecting dust, it has been cleaned. Broken parts like the bowsprit, flagpoles and flags and missing parts like the lanterns I could purchase at a German eBay shop.

Then, the sails. Highly expensive everywhere and the behindsail (says google translate, don't know if that is the correct translation of 'achterzeil') but you know what I mean, I hope, is unavailable. But I still had the original sails, torn and discolored. My sweet mother has used them as mold to make new ones from real linen!

Clean and complete, me and my daughter have assembled it and look at it! Still a treat for the eye and my daughter plays with it every day!

Regards, Lynx

RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: A 36 years old 3550 in renewed glory!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 08:40:36 »
:love:

Playmobil endures. I am sure another 30 years from now, someone will still be playing with that ship!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 08:44:08 »
Gorgeous!!  :D

And what a lovely story. My parents did the same for me with the 5300 Victorian mansion. Oh happy day  ;D

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 13:16:52 »
All around the world a similar story at a similar time:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=14453.0

:wave:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 18:21:40 »
Wonderful to see her in her restored glory! Thanks for sharing the story with us

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 20:06:25 »
Some of my trains at 31 years old in May seam very young.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 21:02:55 »
Brilliant story it's great that you've still got your much treasured childhood ship and that you've managed to restore ti to its former glory for you and your daughter to enjoy. Those type of ships are truly beautiful I hope it brings many more years of pleasure and happy memories  :arrr: :captain: