Author Topic: Additions to my Playmobil family  (Read 32537 times)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
Re: Additions to my Playmobil family
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 19:58:29 »
Again I really like the kids nice bright colours on the clothes the little girls trousers and sheos and are really nice in fact so's the detail on her top but, as for the little boy just love that outfit the tshirt colour and design is cool, not so sure about the bright shade of orange the other orange cap I've got I'm sure is pretty much the same just not quite as bright an orange personally would have had the caps in 2 different colours.

Meeting the other kids the little boy is happy that he's no longer the only boy  ;D

Rather unsurprisingly I guess all the girls and all the boys have the same old hair style rather more strangely they've all got blonde or brown hair  ??? 8} strange coincidence

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 20:47:52 »
I read someplace Urban never removes the helmet - is it true? (Urban = :love: - Xenite here!)

I don't really DISLIKE them having playmobil on them.. though I see your point. What I can't stand is the sloppy painting :(

Cool purchases :)  You are right about the elvis hair - though I don't much like it, it would definitely work as a greaser..

Thanks I'm guessing by Urban you're referring to Judge Dredd?  ??? I've not read the comics (not my era although that doesn't usually stop me!) but, one of my friends at work loves them and passed on his enthusiasm, the film is great very violent beautiful graphics and slow mo shots, at the start of the fil you see Dredd putting his helmet on but, you never get a proper look at his face. Anyway hope that I got the right end of the stick  ;D :-[, back on topic.

I can certainly see what you mean and generally speaking most things like that don't bother me all that much and it doesn't make the figure look bad so to speak more as I said above it sort of takes away slightly from the realistic look as you wouldn't expect a Fireman to have Playmobil written on their unifom and as far as I know very few other figures have Playmobil written on their body so it's hardly as though it's soemthing that's done because it's the norm to have it on the figure although I think my old mechanic might have it written on his jacket which I think is a more appropriate context.

As for the hair it's all down to personal taste like many things I guess, I've got to say for me I really like the Elvis hair piece the detailing on it looks really as though it's been gelled up and styled don' think I'd want more than one Elvis figure but, at least one more hair piece like that would be good, have to look for some appropriate body pieces to do a bit of a custom would love to make a Greaser figure  ;).       

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 00:02:48 »
Nice purchases, I still need to find the Elvis fi?gure, I haven't managed to buy it yet. ::)
The kids look nice too! :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 07:35:10 »
Thanks I'm guessing by Urban you're referring to Judge Dredd?  ??? I've not read the comics (not my era although that doesn't usually stop me!) but, one of my friends at work loves them and passed on his enthusiasm, the film is great very violent beautiful graphics and slow mo shots, at the start of the fil you see Dredd putting his helmet on but, you never get a proper look at his face. Anyway hope that I got the right end of the stick  ;D :-[, back on topic.

Urban = Karl Urban = actor - plays this new Dredd, and is also on Lord Of The Rings (Eomer), and I "met" him on Xena - among others, he's Cupid. Oh, and his evil twin plays Caesar... Julius Caesar.

On topic..

I can certainly see what you mean and generally speaking most things like that don't bother me all that much and it doesn't make the figure look bad so to speak more as I said above it sort of takes away slightly from the realistic look as you wouldn't expect a Fireman to have Playmobil written on their unifom and as far as I know very few other figures have Playmobil written on their body so it's hardly as though it's soemthing that's done because it's the norm to have it on the figure although I think my old mechanic might have it written on his jacket which I think is a more appropriate context.

As for the hair it's all down to personal taste like many things I guess, I've got to say for me I really like the Elvis hair piece the detailing on it looks really as though it's been gelled up and styled don' think I'd want more than one Elvis figure but, at least one more hair piece like that would be good, have to look for some appropriate body pieces to do a bit of a custom would love to make a Greaser figure  ;).       

I suppose you're right about "playmobil" not being very.. appropriate for a fireman's uniform... In a mechanic it's ok, I guess, I mean, some have other stuff written, right? The Valvoline and such, that we know from playmostickers since we were little, but had no idea what it was :)

The elvis hair is great for Elvis or a greaser (you read the Outsiders?), though honestly I'm not really fond of either... (I loved the book, but as a playmocustom, I'll pass).. It IS a unique hair though, and it was well executed. I mean, it really turned out great..

Love that boy in overalls. Will have to see if I can hunt him.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 08:45:14 »
Great pics! I'm not to sure about ''Playmobil'' on the firemen either. It works for racing mechanics who would have sponsors, but it's weird on a fireman's uniform.

So I've been wondering, what are those big cone things the kids are holding? Is this a cultural thing?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 08:54:05 »
So I've been wondering, what are those big cone things the kids are holding? Is this a cultural thing?

Yes, apparently full of little gifts for children on their first school day... in Germany - wondered about that with the first special :)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 09:54:27 »
These kids get gifts for going to school?!  :o I was lucky if I got new pencils!

PlaymoDB calls them ''treats'', but I wasn't sure what that meant exactly. I mean, it's too big for just snacks.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 20:14:37 »
Nice purchases, I still need to find the Elvis fi?gure, I haven't managed to buy it yet. ::)
The kids look nice too! :)

Thanks the kids are quite nice, good bright colours and with Elvis it took a lot of feeling different packets to find him  ;D

Urban = Karl Urban = actor - plays this new Dredd, and is also on Lord Of The Rings (Eomer), and I "met" him on Xena - among others, he's Cupid. Oh, and his evil twin plays Caesar... Julius Caesar.

On topic..

I suppose you're right about "playmobil" not being very.. appropriate for a fireman's uniform... In a mechanic it's ok, I guess, I mean, some have other stuff written, right? The Valvoline and such, that we know from playmostickers since we were little, but had no idea what it was :)

The elvis hair is great for Elvis or a greaser (you read the Outsiders?), though honestly I'm not really fond of either... (I loved the book, but as a playmocustom, I'll pass).. It IS a unique hair though, and it was well executed. I mean, it really turned out great..

Love that boy in overalls. Will have to see if I can hunt him.

I see what you mean now sorry I'm not much up on actors names and that  :-[  8}. I think the Playmobil on the mechanic was meant to be like team playmobil or something he originally came with a Formula 1 car technically speaking he looks more like one of the technicians who sit on the pit wall (in case you haven't guessed I'm a big Formula 1 fan have always been one as well  ;D ;)) soem Ebay auctions have Playmobil motorbike riders described as Footballers because they've got Striker written on them a footballer with wellies  :lol:

I can understand your view on Elvis/Greasers as I said personal taste, I've got to admit I haven't read the Outsiders maybe I'll look it up I did try greasing my hair back as best I could the style doesn't seem to lend itself to my short curly hair either that or I'm a rubbish stylist. Guessing you're referring to the blond boy with the light blue top and brown dungarees/shoes? he's from the woodwork class 4326 .

Great pics! I'm not to sure about ''Playmobil'' on the firemen either. It works for racing mechanics who would have sponsors, but it's weird on a fireman's uniform.

Yes I guessed they would either be a gift for the teacher or something which the teacher has given the kids.

Yes, apparently full of little gifts for children on their first school day... in Germany - wondered about that with the first special :)

Lucky kids wish I got something like that at school   ;)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 11:37:01 »
Just got 3 new men for 99p each from a very nice seller on Ebay, I originally contacted them to ask whether the Soldier had a little ponytail and when I was about to pay for him decided to have a look at their other items and noticed his 2 friends who were finishing a few days later so mesaged them to let them know why I wasn't paying straight away. After that we exchanged several messages the seller seems very friendly and said the belonged to their son. Anyway here they are looking very happy

As usual I rather like all 3 of them the uniforms are all nice and I like the hair on the 2 with the little ponytails, I'm glad to have an archer to add to my medieval community and his face is rather unusual with the stubble and eye patch

They very kindly included a little chocolate first time for everything, unfortunately I don't like nuts  :-[ but, I appreciate the gesture (the little fellas can have it instead  ;D ;))

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:49:55 by DrDalek6 »

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 11:48:31 »
I havent really mentioned the Pirate but, I really like him as well I had a feeling I had him as a kid either with the Pirate Island 3799  or Pirate Ship 3750 but, lats night I was looking through some photos and found visual evidence  :arrr: :captain:

Here he is on my 7th birthday cake made by my Mum with a few of his friends  :love:   :bdaycake: :party: :gift:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:54:25 by DrDalek6 »