Author Topic: Additions to my Playmobil family  (Read 32629 times)

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
Additions to my Playmobil family
« on: September 11, 2012, 19:44:09 »
Hello noting what other people have done then I think that I'll try to use this thread to record any new members of my Playmobil family. To start off with I was having a look in some cahrity shops on Saturday morning and thought that I may as well stop off at the little local toy shop while I was in the area, after a bit of browsing I saw a few sets which I liked for the price inclduing a Knights set with 2 Knights, a horse, and cannon for £9.99 which I decided to make a mental note of and go back for some other time but, while I was in there I did buy some sets

£2.50 each, I think there might have only been 1 Indian unless he was hidden at the back couldn't see him in any of the sets facing forwards but, there was 1 in the ones where you could just see the side so I was rather pleasantly surpsrised.

Gotta say I love this guy, love the look and colour of the hair and beard eyebrows look good, I think the shield design looks really cool as do the wrist protectors, I had one like it as a kid with a Robin Hood figure in brown. Even the boots whcih are a bit colourful look alrgiht with the outfit.

Very nice cloak as well

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: Additions to my Playmobil family
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 19:48:31 »
Nice hair! I rather like that guy, but he doesn't fit into my victorian collection, so I've never gotten one.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 19:53:43 »
I was definately happy with my other figure, my first Indian  ;D might be the start of something after all what's an Indian Chief without some tribesmen  and of course I really like Cowboys  ;), anyone have any idea what sort of Indian he is apart from American of course thanks

I love the detail on this figure and the costume beautifully painted the headress is nice and can always use the spears although if I were being fussy it might be better to give him 1 spear and something else, seen plenty of the Chief figures with shield for example. the headress is quite a nice piece and I like his warpainted face almost looks like blue whiskers.

My friends said he should have a proper Indian name so we came up with a few I think the simplest names are often the best though so I think I'll call him Chief Little Klick  ;D ;) he's from the Great expanse of land known as the Botanical Plains.  :)     

Offline Jrodmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 21:50:31 »
Chief Little Klick, very fitting.
To err is human; to klick, divine.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 00:43:59 »
Nice buys! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 20:07:06 »
Nice hair! I rather like that guy, but he doesn't fit into my victorian collection, so I've never gotten one.

Thanks I think my colleciton is rather mismash, I've got themes which I particularly like but, it's all a bit mixed up go for the figures I like the look of  ;D

Chief Little Klick, very fitting.

Yes I thought it might be a good name for him, my friends suggested Chief Little Klick runs with suqirrels to which I suggested rides with squirrel either way down here it's quite appropriate as we've got over tame squirrels in abundance  ;D ;)

Nice buys! :)

Thanks mate

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 20:46:28 »
I love that native American chief!! I bought one a year or two ago and I think the detail on his headress is great. Nice buys! :)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 20:16:03 »
I love that native American chief!! I bought one a year or two ago and I think the detail on his headress is great. Nice buys! :)

True I really love the design his chest as well and the war paint on his face is quite cute  :). Also just notcied the Barbarian looks like he might be one of the fat Klickies by the looks of his belly  ;D

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 19:51:23 »
Went to the cinema on Saturday to see the new Judge Dredd film and decided to have a look round some shops before I met up with my friend, I bought 2 kids for £2.75, 2 Firemen for £4 and a Mystery figure for £1.99

After much packet feeling in Toysrus and getting excited finding 2 or 3 figures with capes and then feeling the squarish helmet of the Alien I finally foudn one where the cape felt different and I could feel a rather distinctive hair piece, he's the one I was after  ;D ;).  I really like Elvis's hair, a goood basis for a Greaser bash I think and I thin k it's good that he's got a microphone

I really like both the Firemen the uniform design and colours are just to my liking and the helmets look really good, they come with some nice accessories as well axes, torch, walkie talkie, great oxygen tank and mask and the all important gloves  :fireman:

One thing I would say is I'm not sure whether I'd have been inclined to put Playmobil on their backs sort of takes away from the realism I think but, I don't midn and besides I really like the rest of the figure.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 19:57:53 »
Went to the cinema on Saturday to see the new Judge Dredd film and decided to have a look round some shops before I met up with my friend, I bought 2 kids for £2.75, 2 Firemen for £4 and a Mystery figure for £1.99

I read someplace Urban never removes the helmet - is it true? (Urban = :love: - Xenite here!)

One thing I would say is I'm not sure whether I'd have been inclined to put Playmobil on their backs sort of takes away from the realism I think but, I don't midn and besides I really like the rest of the figure.

I don't really DISLIKE them having playmobil on them.. though I see your point. What I can't stand is the sloppy painting :(

Cool purchases :)  You are right about the elvis hair - though I don't much like it, it would definitely work as a greaser..