Author Topic: 4292 Pirate celebration  (Read 13401 times)

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
Re: 4292 Pirate celebration
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2008, 06:36:56 »
Thanks for the fun review, Martin; I really like your creativity!

I also like that sash for a brace of pistols and the barrel table a lot. 

I'll be picking this set up along with all the new pirate sets...except for the ghastly ship, of course.  I wonder how long it will take to assemble a "company" (20 men in my case) of the new conquistadors from the parts department.  I'm guessing at least a year!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2008, 23:40:20 »
Are the mini-barrels just a playmobil-ism?

Barrels that size don't make any sense.  If you need to ship, use a big barrel.  If you want only one, fill glass.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 01:32:53 »
Are the mini-barrels just a playmobil-ism?

Barrels that size don't make any sense.  If you need to ship, use a big barrel.  If you want only one, fill glass.

They can bring tobacco, you know ...

G.
:blackhair:
Gus

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 09:37:45 »
I can also imagine salt, butter, or ship's biscuits being kept fresh and dry in these mini-barrels.

The sizes for liquid-containing barrels started at the 9 gallon Firkin and went up to the 216 gallon Tun, but certainly a cooper could make such a barrel if required.

Offline Janice

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 14:36:54 »
Hi to all of you,
I thought you might like to know that the Playmo Funstore in Palm Beach Gardens has been selling the entire line of new pirates since last April.  My daughter and I were there in April and we both bought the entire line.  It was still there in May when we did a return trip.

The set 4291-Giant Octopus was $19.99, 4292-pirates with barrels was $16.99, 4293-Pirate capt. was $4.99, 4294-Lighthouse was $49.99, 4295-treasure transport was $12.99, and of course the new ship-4290 was $94.99 and the gunboat 4444 was 32.55.  I'm pretty sure that if you call and order they will ship it out to you.

We are planning another trip to Palm Beach Gardens this week.

Janice

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 14:57:13 »

Janice, please post photos of the displays ... Thank you!

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 23:52:27 »
a perfect review on what all playmobil pirate sets should be (the opposite happens with the 5810 pirate corsair).  :wow:
i totally agree with your comments martin and i thank you very much for such an inventive way to display them.
i have had this set for some time and also love it.  :love:
i really must finish the construction of my new shelf system (moved to a new house) and take it out from the cardboard box where he is still "sleeping".
  :yup:
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2008, 02:26:43 »

Janice, please post photos of the displays ... Thank you!

Richard ... Janice once said she's a bit shy about it. So, you'd better make a little less pressure :shhhh:

She'll give us pictures, in time.

The set 4291-Giant Octopus was $19.99, 4292-pirates with barrels was $16.99, 4293-Pirate capt. was $4.99, 4294-Lighthouse was $49.99, 4295-treasure transport was $12.99, and of course the new ship-4290 was $94.99 and the gunboat 4444 was 32.55.  I'm pretty sure that if you call and order they will ship it out to you.

Janice

I got the pirate captain. Very nice "single klicky" :)
I'm crazy for the arrival of 4444 boat. According to my calculations, it'll be about 200 Reais (maybe 250,oo, maybe more (300,oo :( , maybe 400,oo :'( ), but I'll get one per month for three months! :yup:

Do your daughters like pirates like this or what? :P

Gus
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2008, 02:28:28 »
a perfect review on what all playmobil pirate sets should be (the opposite happens with the 5810 pirate corsair).  :wow:

Maybe, Cachalote, they were made one for another! ;D

[Maybe even they were meant to ... commandeer the corsair :yup: So, it's up to story tellers, now :P ]

G.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 02:49:13 by Gustavo »
Gus

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2011, 15:02:52 »
Going to resurrect this old post since I just got this set online.

Quite happy to have this set for 16,75 euros including shipping, I received a ghost special with a hood and axe along with it for free.

The set is not fully complete but alternatives have been given for the missing parts, and it was clear on the pictures.
There is only one little black chest, but I received a large red pirate chest instead which seems like an improvement.
Pirate sword is replaced with a knight sword, not happy about that since I don't have that many pirate swords as it is. The shorter sword was replaced with a dagger and the cuffs on the redcoated pirate are not included. four instead of six little kegs too, but four is more than enough since they have limited uses.

Still I am very happy to have this set since it includes lots of treasure, a large table with four kegs that can be used elsewhere, four nice looking pirates including my first ever female pirate and lots of weaponry too.

My only complaint is that they didnt make the woman's torso green with the white on the front being painted instead of the green. That would have made more sense. She has a lovely haircut though.