Author Topic: Figures Series 21 (Boys: 70732 Girls: 70733) launched today!  (Read 1401 times)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Today is the release day of the latest series of surprise bags. Their RRP price has finally gone up (in Germany from 1,99 € to 2,49 €), leading to unusual restraint on my side. This might wear off.

A mixed bag, with some nice figures and more mundane ones. I have picked my favourite six.

Details will follow, but already now I am eager to know what you think of the guy on the far right. What (or who) is he supposed to be?

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: Figures Series 21 (Boys: 70732 Girls: 70733) launched today!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 14:10:19 »
Great picture! These are definitely some of the best of the lot! <*)

Details will follow, but already now I am eager to know what you think of the guy on the far right. What (or who) is he supposed to be?

I believe he is meant to be a gargoyle.
~Pynedor~

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 19:01:05 »
Yeah that's definitely a "gargoyle come to life", whether it's just a whimsy or meant to be a character in some media show, I don't know. Marvel had two characters called "Gargoyle", and there was an animated show about living gargoyles, but both are pretty obscure/old.  :rudy:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 12:17:03 »
Yeah that's definitely a "gargoyle come to life", whether it's just a whimsy or meant to be a character in some media show, I don't know. Marvel had two characters called "Gargoyle", and there was an animated show about living gargoyles, but both are pretty obscure/old.  :rudy:

I think it's just random, but it did make me think of the Angel statues from Dr. Who which come to life (I don't actually watch Dr. Who, as may be obvious from that description!)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 16:10:23 »
I'm no Dr Who expert either, but I agree that figure looks like one of the Weeping Angels, which can only move when your eyes are shut and then they move very quickly, so DON'T BLINK!

:0 Very scary, I have to hide behind the sofa when they appear.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2022, 18:50:08 »
Weeping Angels are usually depicted as female though. I think its a gargoyle. It is very reminiscent of the LEGO collectible minifigure series gargoyle from a few years back.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 19:08:33 »
I think its a gargoyle. It is very reminiscent of the LEGO collectible minifigure series gargoyle from a few years back.

Spot on, Tiermann, down to the texture and colour of the plastic! Even the chest print matches:

(source: bricklink.com)

Question answered. Thank you, guys!

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2022, 19:31:24 »
Are those sleeves of the golden gladiator(?) green? In that case I need them!!!
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2022, 08:31:29 »
Would love to see a chainmail version of that ninja mask. Vampire has a Castlevania vibe to him.