Author Topic: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022  (Read 19975 times)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: New licenced theme: ASTERIX, from 2022
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2022, 18:31:10 »
Wait 8 to 10 years and they may start turning up secondhand.

Depends how many are bought for children - Ghostbusters stuff turned up second hand as quickly as any general sets did

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2022, 05:34:33 »
You will probably be able to get that house as parts from DS. Mind you, it will no doubt cost about half as much as buying the whole set. Wait 8 to 10 years and they may start turning up secondhand.

Or buy the full set, and sell off the figures to Asterix fans who also don't want to invest in the full set.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2022, 09:19:03 »
The main set has a gate and wall sections which would be useful but better if they linked to existing walls like the western forts. It has a banquet set up which could be used for modern wedding scenes or any fantasy or historic scenes, would even make a reasonable round table for a King Arthur theme. It has a house and a couple of trees. There's nothing in the set which couldn't be sold individually. The only bit I don't like is the hay bale because it's a modern one, the square bale doesn't appear until the invention of the hay press which was around the 1840s but didn't become commonplace until the late 19th century, so only around 2000 years out of date. :P

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2022, 10:00:55 »
The main set has a gate and wall sections which would be useful but better if they linked to existing walls like the western forts.

Very curious about that, wonder if they went out of their way to ruin that... would be awesome if it was just the same (also, a lot of people could actually just COMPLETE the set, cause having a couple of walls with a gate is a bit... silly  :P )

The only bit I don't like is the hay bale because it's a modern one, the square bale doesn't appear until the invention of the hay press which was around the 1840s but didn't become commonplace until the late 19th century, so only around 2000 years out of date. :P

Had no idea  :-[  - learn and live :) 

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2022, 17:42:20 »
Historical accuracy in a comic book  ?  :lol:

The dog
The Boulder lifting people
The fort with no wall encirclement
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2022, 21:03:40 »
Historical accuracy in a comic book  ?  :lol:

In the first comic there is a man with a cart filled with loose hay, the haycart set (6005) only differs by having one ox instead of two pulling the cart. The hay is even used to hide in.
Thinking about it, a smaller haystack for the handcart which could be used to hide weapons or treasure in would be good.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2022, 02:22:20 »
We need to make hay of this, preferably while the sun is shining.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2022, 11:37:03 »
I'm so gutted the house in 70931 comes in that big expensive set, it's my favourite of the Asterix buildings.  My fantasy folk crew (rabbit & grasshopper people) are not going to be happy when I tell them they can't have it.     :lol:

Justice for the fantasy folk crew!  ;D

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2022, 11:07:53 »
NEWSFLASH

The contents of 70931 are currently being shown by hohajo at Klickywelt (log-in required), and it't the first time that the question has been answered how the moustaches are attached:

(source: hohajo at Klickywelt. I hope he doesn't mind this reproducing of his image)

Pinned on, so freely exchangeable between heads.

What do we think?

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #159 on: June 04, 2022, 11:13:09 »
I will be making big noses to fit alongside the moustaches. It's not too late to provide big noses of your own, geobra!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)