Author Topic: Fantasy parts look up  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Vexedwaffle

• Playmo Pal
Fantasy parts look up
« on: June 10, 2021, 02:32:35 »
Hi gang,

Trying to get some projectiles for these cool medieval fantasy toys. I found the following numbers at the bottom

I looked on https://playmodb.org/ by number but nothing came up.

Any ideas?
Smile and the world will wonder what you are up to, frown and they'll know.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Fantasy parts look up
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 03:59:30 »
Hi, you've got the triple ballista from the Lion Knights set 4867. It came with 2 different bolts, but any of the same length can be used.
Here is the Playmodb page for the set
4867 - Lion Knights´ Ballista
Those bolts are very common still and should be available from DS (Direct Service - the Playmobil parts department) or second hand from eBay etc.
Thanks for the question,  we love this sort of thing here. All our obscure expert knowledge waiting for an outlet ☺

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 08:11:10 »
I think those are mold numbers, Vexedwaffle. PlaymoDB does have a few mold numbers, but Playmobil parts are usually identified by an 8-digit number (ETN or Ersatzteilnummer in German) beginning with 30 (occasionally 35 or 40). You will find the part numbers at PlaymoDB and you will need them to reorder from Playmobil.

(Part numbers are unique to a part with a specific colour and printing, whereas mold numbers refer to molds used to create a part in any colour and with or without subsequent printing. Frustrating that part numbers aren't on the parts themselves!)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Vexedwaffle

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 01:11:45 »
Thanks all. I'll order the replacement parts right away!
Smile and the world will wonder what you are up to, frown and they'll know.

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 16:22:29 »
Hi Vexedwaffle, pleased to meet you. Thanks to Graham for the explanation. If you can take photos of those mold numbers for me (you might need macro settings, they're very small!) I'll add them to the DB for use of future searchers. playmodb@gmail.com is best, or message me here. Thanks!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!