Author Topic: Ceragem photostory: a night of shadows  (Read 12118 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Ceragem photostory: a night of shadows
« on: January 18, 2012, 16:30:28 »
Jade City... Ceragem's capital... early hours of the night...

Two men stand guard outside the old northeastern tower ruin...

''Chilly night mate''
''Yeah, good thing nothing ever happens here..''
''Oh but they expect trouble soon. As of tomorrow, six of us will be guarding this back door here...''
''Where did you learned that?''
''Heard the captain saying so to the sergeant..''
''Why so?''
'' Cause... hold on, heard that?''

''Who goes there?''
''Relax men, I've been send to check on you''

''You? A renegade Red Hawk captain?''
''A renegate only his house, not you boy.''
''Where's the City Guard captain?''
''He wont be able to... perform his duties tonight.....''

The attack came from behind, one of the guards struck down, while the other one, neglecting what he had in front of him, turned to face what was at his back...

...and that was his downfall, as the renegade Red Hawk captain drew his sword and attacked him on the back...

''Nice work...now, to let the others in...''

''Welcome to Jade City'' said the captain to the men who came out of the tunnel...

A brief session was held, everybody reviewed what they had to do...

''Most of the City Guard's been taken care of by my Red Hawks'' said the captain, ''only thing remain are the Gate Guard and the Gatemaster...''
''What about the palace?''
''My men are storming the palace as we speak...''
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 21:10:14 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Ceragem photostory: a night of shadows
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 16:51:36 »
Dujek, the king's brother, had call for a meeting of the Lords that night. He was told to expect the king the following morning with the rest of their allies and that the Lords were to be briefed in the future course of action so that the kingdom could be secured from another ill attempt of the Duke...

''I told you before, we have no intel regarding the Duke's actions. We only know he got the defence plans of our city in his hands... access and entry points, defences, number of men at guard posts, everything... I've devised some changes but I need your cooperation to secure the city further''

''But we have a big army to protect us, why do you need our men drawn into the city guard? Call onto the army'' said one of the nobles.
''The army is spread out thin throughout the realm. General Lionheart feared of attacks throughout the kingdom, he wanted to make sure the countryside is secure''
''And because of that we have to give you access to all our men?''the noble persisted
''We must draw more men in the defence of the city'' said Dujek ''if we are attacked we won't be able to hold for long. I ask you bring your men to the City Guard at least until the army can send a sizable battalion back into the city''.
''Its a fair request'' said another lord ''you can count on my men!''

...''Look at them...'' thought Lord Blackhawk... he gave a small glance on his cousin at the other end of his side of the table ''fighting over petty feuds...they had this coming for some time... and you, my dear cousin, will always wanted your way... well, you can keep your Gryphon... the Hawk will surely proveyour superior...''
His thoughts were interrupted when the door of the council chamber open wide and the Palace Guard outside was thrown wounded onto their feet... all turned to look in surprise..

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 17:03:08 »
Gatemaster had a long day... he did not even manage to update his log of this morning...although he was sleepy he had to finish this...

...when he was suddenly interrupted by two men who entered his room...

''What the..''
''No suddens move Gatekeeper... your books can wait for another time... you'll come with us, and you're gonna call the gate guards to come to you...''
''I will do no such thing...''
''You choose...but know that this blade been dried for a long time... its thirsty you see'' said one of them and pointed the tip of his obsidian sword onto his body...

At the same time, in the gate guard house the Red Dragons where swift with their task...

An army captain was there who gave them some difficult time...he turned on his attacker, but one of the Red dragons elite was ready to strike him back...

as one Red Dragon was coming down, the other stroke the captain on his arm...

..the captain now pinned down heard one of them say: ''Now you come with us, you can help us instead of causing us trouble''

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 17:12:33 »
The council chamber doors opened wide and the Red Hawks stormed the room...

Some of the Lords drew their swords and it was clear now the Lord Blackhawk was playing them the whole time...

As the Guards inside the room left the side of Dujek to aid the Lords, he appeared again...

''Everybody stand still'' yelled Blackhawk '' and came next to Baaljak who was holding the prince at tip's point..

He looked at the prince for a few moments and said... ''You've been prince for a long time... Don't you want to be king?''
''Lord Blackhawk!'' a voice was heard coming from the door ''this is a good question... but I think it should be answered another time...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 17:22:03 »
The Gatemaster closed in on the gate... he was made to believe that someone was still pointing at him...

But he found courage to say ''They are coming through the door.'' The guards looked at him with a strange look  and then they saw their opponents...

One of the Red Dragons went for the Gatemaster shouting ''We told you someone was pointing at you'', while another went for the other guard...

.. who did not hesitate to fight back...

..but who was also overcome by the numbers of his opponents...

One of the Elite Red Dragon asked the other ''And now we wait for the others?'' ''Yes my brother'' said the other..

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 17:57:22 »
Back to the palace...

The Queen's chambers...

A little leasure time with her ladies in waiting...

Suddenly the captain of her bodyguard burst into the room crying ''Quick your Majesty get behind us''

The Red Hawks invaded the chamber and the bodyguards did all they could do to stop them...

...the Queen approached the captain...

...''Please captain, surrender, I am sure I can persuade them to stop...no more of your men need to get hurt''
''But Majesty...''
''Do it captain!!''

The captain threw down his sword, as did another bodyguard... but it was already too late for one of them...

''What is the meaning of this?'' asked the queen.

''You will stay in your room Majesty'', said a Red Hawk captain, ''unless you are told otherwise.''

''What are you saying?... That..''
''That you will remain here until further notice... These men will guard you.''

...and the Red Hawk captain left the room...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 18:03:40 »
In the council chamber...

The Duke came to the head of the table...

...without looking at Dujek he said ''Take this one to the dungeon...'' and then turned to the lords ''Now you hear me...''

''The king is fallen...''
''What?'' ''How? ''When?'' ''Oh my goodness!!'' Dujek grinded his teeth as he heard those words and as the Red Hawks was leading him off the room...

''Yes yes, very sad and all'' said the Duke, ''But now things are going to change around here. And you hear me well, go back to your estates and mansion unless you want me to lock you up... the Steward and the City Guard commander, these are the ones I really want from all of you, so the rest of you, out! Now!''

The two men left looking at each other with horror... was the king really gone? was the Duke toying with them?
''Now you listen... The king is gone and he is not coming back... but the army is still out there, and Lionheart will certainly assemble it...''

''When he does you better leave the city Korbal'' said the Steward
''When he does, I hope he will consider the safety of the Queen...''
Their faces were now mixed with terror...
''Yes I have the Queen and unless you don't want her to be gone either, you still go around and perform your duties as I tell you to... make sure your men understand that... The Red Hawks were keen of eliminating the entire City Guard, made up from both your forces, but I persuade them to let them off easy as we will need you... So you better make it clear to your men...it's either my way, or the Queen's out of the way...''
A man entered the room...

''To make sure its my way, the Baron here will make sure you are doing as you're told... make no mistake... one tiny mistake and the Queen will find helself in a most unpleasant situation...''

''Now go, assemble your men and tell them...''
As they were leaving, the Baron looked at them with a crooked smile...

''I like the way you think, cousin...'' and gave a nasty smile
''Yes, well, lets go see the queen, shall we?''
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 18:18:22 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 18:17:37 »
The gate was taken, but it also needed to be opened when the rest of the Duke's forces would arrive...
Two men stood guard over the drawbridge winch platform...

...when an army captain made his appearance in his attempt to evade his persecutors...

... he was not quick enough to warn the guards...

...as the Elite Red Dragon came onto his back, thus striking down the guard as well.

The other guard managed to wound the other attacking Red Dragon...

...but the later was more successful in his hit...

''Now what?''
''You get down and inform them we can lower the bridge...''

At the lower level...

''I see you were successfull'' said the Red Hawk captain
''We were also successfull'' said the knight coming down from the upper level...

''Good! Lets wait for the report from the Palace that all is clear, so we can give our friends outside the signal to approach''

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 18:30:48 »
The Queen's chamber...

The Duke entered the room... The Queen could not believe her eyes...
''What is the meaning of this Korbal? You return to torment our city?''

''No, your Majesty... I came to tell you that your husband is gone... I am sorry for your loss...''
''What? You are not serious! He'll be back in the morning.''
''No your Majesty..this is his ring... it is not?''
The Queen fell to her knees, her ladies in waiting wrap their arms around her...

''I'll keep that by the way'' said the Duke and placed the ring on his finger...
''Please feel comfortable Majesty,'' he went on as he turned his back and headed towards the door, ''you better stay in your chambers from now on... I'd hate to see you gone too''

The queen lost the earth under her feet, she could not believe any of these was happening...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 18:31:36 »
Ok I have to stop for now but this story is not finished... will post the rest as soon as possible  :)