Author Topic: 5422 Alpine Lodge  (Read 8890 times)

Offline Limorrj

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: 5422 Alpine Lodge
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 01:05:22 »
I really like this new set 5422.
In Brazil we have a strong german settlement.
Despite doubts of new playmobil system, for us here playmobil is a very expensive toy, so less is better.
Ultimately, I think playmobil have forgotten stairs to the upper floor.  ???
Greetings
Leonardo

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 01:40:02 »
Thanks for the pictures. Is that an accordian on the bench? That's neat. As far as the upstairs, I think the pallets and the toliet are a waste of space,considering that seems to be the only furnishings up there.  I would think that it could have been nicely furnished. If that's all that's there, it seems just to have been thrown in.
However, for the building itself, I can see a real beer garden developing out there. Perhaps upstairs can even be turned into a private dining room.  I'm sure some of the many folks here with skills greater than mine, (as well as money) will turn out some really neat displays based on this shortly.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2013, 18:26:56 »
Yeah, it's definitely destined to be a restaurant-biergarten at my zoo. I will probably use the upstairs as a storage area. Will the big barrel fit up there?

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 00:39:11 »
I see ours or at least one of them as a large hotel at the top of a snow covered mountain. 2nd story is the rooms and the downstairs is the lobby, restaurant/bar, dancing etc... A  train will go under through the mountain in a tunnel and the cable car will take people from a village to the top of the mountain. Below the cable car will be a ski resort. Then at the bottom of the ski resort a 2nd smaller building as a lounge that is full of broken klicky skiers and snowboarders.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 10:06:38 »
Thank you so much for the review. I love this! The glasses are fantastic. Cant wait to own one (one day!)
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 05:07:17 »

Today, I got 5422 Alpine lodge and 5426 Cable Car, Both fantastic sets, but the Alpine lodge was not System X, (not one X piece or a yellow tool in site) Instead it is a slot system, with tabs more like steck, however will not combine as is different thickness and really can only be put together as instructions state.

ATTENTION ALL STECK LOVERS

Suffer through this video and judge for yourself if the Alpine Lodge (5426) is indeed "Steck System".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jdK0N2n_TA

Has Steck actually returned? Will there be more?
Have our years of pleas to Geobra been answered? You decide!

There is also a newer review of the Alpine Lodge (5426):
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=13483.new#new
However, it doesn't discuss that this might be a new Steck System set!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2014, 06:18:59 »
wow, 24minutes of that was hard. To save a lot of trouble the part is at 10:25 where he shows how it connects to the first 3 tabs of a stecks wall. So how could this be used with stecks? It only connects the 3 tabs and how would you used the pre-turned walls back straight to make one big lodge? That base plate has the slots in it and the beautiful roof is one piece. Those fools at Geobra do not understand how to keep the building system as an educational aspect to playmobil, very frustrating on these new beautiful themes. That lodge is a mountain shack in its current size.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2014, 08:00:22 »
Thanks for the link Richard, and also thank you, Ras, 'cause I wasn't going to watch all of that  :lol:

I've got that lodge and there is no way you can do anything else with it, besides maybe putting in a second floor.

On the PM fair LuxPlaymoDays I did see a huge Alpine Lodge (can't seem to find any pictures), but that must have been cut and welded or something.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 14:27:21 »
Those fools at Geobra do not understand how to keep the building system as an educational aspect to playmobil, very frustrating on these new beautiful themes.

It might be a beginning, Ras. A beginning of a return to Steck. We can only hope ...  :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 15:09:59 »
It might be a beginning, Ras. A beginning of a return to Steck. We can only hope ...  :)

Hope does not go far. We need to organize and storm the offices and demand that Geobra stay true to their founding fathers mission and have a "play system" . Fisher price designs are not acceptable

I keep thinking that whiny unimaginative parents who do not even want to spend quality time with their own children have been complaining so much about building time that Geobra took notice. It would take an even greater force to reverse the problem

This type of construction reminds me of the tree fort style.

Birdie, please if you find the pictures be sure to show us