Author Topic: playkingdoms' Xmasy dio 2015 - a slice of town  (Read 7899 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
Re: playkingdoms' Xmasy dio 2015 - a slice of town
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 10:19:49 »
Quote from: Raven on Today at 06:58:59
- The bottles with bottle tops

Uhm?

They are not bottle tops?

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 10:21:13 »
They are not bottle tops?

Ah, those... I have that thing for ages - I collect Coca-Cola junk - and though it's a bit big, it kinda works if it's not standing next to a klicy :)

It's all one piece, btw, the bottles...

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 10:33:27 »
Oooooh my!! It's wonderful  :D  :D  :D Well worth the wait, as others have mentioned  ;D

All those adorable scenes... Thanks for taking so many pictures, I love the fact that it feels as though I'm there to discover it all myself. I agree you've done a perfect job with the photos. And the stuff you used for the ground and the water, wow, it looks very life-like. Lovely  :love: Not to mention the walls of the city with the street lights hanging from them and the stairs and bridge etc... It's Playmobil through-and-through! And the plants below on the water's edge, and the water fall on the side, it all looks amazing.

The three guys taking a picture in front of the statue is one of my favourite details, plus all the animals. You've nailed it!!
And there are so many custom clickies that I like. I adore the market and the details from Sylvanian here and there, it all blends in so well.
Great job on the custom system-X house, by the way.

And is that a bit of seagull droppings that I spot there on the roof, or is that a lucky coincidence?  ;D
I love the fact that the houses are furnished and decorated on the inside, an absolute must!  :) And with a Playmoroom!!!

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 11:31:26 »
Oooooh my!! It's wonderful  :D  :D  :D Well worth the wait, as others have mentioned  ;D

All those adorable scenes... Thanks for taking so many pictures, I love the fact that it feels as though I'm there to discover it all myself. I agree you've done a perfect job with the photos.

Thank you ;) 

You are of course welcome, but I'm afraid it may prove a too long trip :(

And the stuff you used for the ground and the water, wow, it looks very life-like. Lovely  :love:

Towels, bought on those chinese stores. Had to cut the water - didn't find more :(  The larger one.. well... removing the fold marks was not really successful :(

Not to mention the walls of the city with the street lights hanging from them and the stairs and bridge etc... It's Playmobil through-and-through!

We LOVE those lights since we got them (weekend house?) - and since I bought some more, well... HAD to use them.

The bridge was actually the very first thing - everything followed that. I ALWAYS wanted to do a bridge. Shame it can't be longer. No room :(

And the plants below on the water's edge, and the water fall on the side, it all looks amazing.

Thank you. The waterfall was my sister's idea, and execution. I helped ;)

The three guys taking a picture in front of the statue is one of my favourite details, plus all the animals.

Well, this time I figured the CALHAU would have a place of distinction, instead of just lying about in the background, like it did on the romanish fort. That is why I didn't redo the whole wall to use those Playmoebius statues things.... The CALHAU wouldn't fit!

We like animals ;)  I thought we had too many pigeons. We do not (especially those GORGEOUS dark grey ones!). And far too few seagulls. Last friday there were DOZENS and DOZENS of seagulls around in a plaza! Along with pigeons, of course.

Great job on the custom system-X house, by the way.

It is so freaking hard! AND not half as fun. It wasn't supposed to be this big, actually... Apparently I have that problem with System X too. But then I don't have the amount of parts or knowledge I do with steck... (like FREAKING STAIRS! :-[ )

And is that a bit of seagull droppings that I spot there on the roof, or is that a lucky coincidence?  ;D

My sister's idea. It wouldn't really be doable to do that EVERYWHERE, but... well, a convenient location... chosen for it!

I love the fact that the houses are furnished and decorated on the inside, an absolute must!  :) And with a Playmoroom!!!

Yeah, that was a struggle. I don't really much like the dollhouse part, and I'm not really good at it. Having a tiny slice of houses didn't help (on the other hand, we can assume the complicated parts are all in the REST of the houses. You know, bathrooms, kitchens, STAIRS....  :P ). My sister was a great help with the (half) restaurant, especially...  I had some stuff picked out for rooms, then had to combine them.... And finding the darn things proved.. difficult. With several changes of mind along the way....... as usual.

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2016, 12:48:32 »
Sorry, made a mess of replies, and jumped these.  :-[  Apologies.

Is the elf in the sleigh trying to stop the box falling off or is he sending it down gravity express?  ??? ;D

He's trying to preventing it from falling! (not obvious from the text?)

I wonder what's underneath it all, i mean what's under the streets.

In the making of, if it sees the light of day...

Oh, and that worn wood at the other side of the bridge.

:) Cheap towel... tablecloth? Not cloth though  8}

And where comes that notepad with pencil holder in the caretaker's office come from?

Sylvanian.. not sure where... we have several.... Maybe the pizza set?

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 16:13:58 »
I just went to have another look  ;D

The visitors from far away are a great touch too, I forgot to mention them.

Do you know which sets have the dark grey pidgeons? They are new to me.

We can't make trips for the time being, with Freya taking a dislike to the special seat for the car and her refusal to drink from bottles (which means we are somewhat attached to the hip - or chest, in this case). We avoid long drives as much as possible. But a trip to Portugal is on our list of things to do as soon as possible!!!  :)

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 19:28:14 »
Do you know which sets have the dark grey pidgeons? They are new to me.

According to playmodb, a couple of advents: link

We don't have any of those... So, parts, I think... and another from LuxPlaymodays - one of those crates with lose stuff... Need some more, actually.

But a trip to Portugal is on our list of things to do as soon as possible!!!  :)

:) We're all looking forward to it!

AND, I think I didn't mention (here) that the ATM machine was added after seeing Tiermann's great dio (link) - I hadn't thought of that :-[

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 19:34:56 »
Forgot to mention how much I loved that Playmoroom - though of course it is too small as they always are.

I believe I spotted the dark grey pigeon in one of the upcoming Princess sets for 2016 so it should be available from Parts Department in the next year.

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 19:59:36 »
Forgot to mention how much I loved that Playmoroom - though of course it is too small as they always are.

How true... there was SO much we could add... Starting with the REST of the houses.

I believe I spotted the dark grey pigeon in one of the upcoming Princess sets for 2016 so it should be available from Parts Department in the next year.

The one with closed wings shows as available on iberia... That is the ones we need more of, I believe - though I wouldn't mind having a couple more dark grey ones...

(the ones around the friend are FAR too few...)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 21:45:16 »
Sorry, made a mess of replies, and jumped these.  :-[  Apologies.

He's trying to preventing it from falling! (not obvious from the text?)

I didn't read the text for that picture so no, it was not obvious!  :-[