Author Topic: Help with display 30ft X 40ft  (Read 10708 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: Help with display 30ft X 40ft
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2012, 07:21:30 »
I had a similar problem when i set up the train at the mountain house ( you can see the video in my web link/youtube ) the inner walled garden where i set it is an an angle ands to return the train back at its starting point required a lot of space to raise the LGB tracks slightly and progressively , I would advice to use the long 1200mm trucks in such a case of  required elevation. Looking again at this magnificent bridge without a doubt you will need lots and lots of space before and after . Frankly i think its best to lower the bridge even if that means that the ships' masts wont go under - just move the ship slighlty off the bridge area and problerm shorted . Very simple ( and silly) solution if you ask me but given the space you need with that bridge height it will be impossible to set it unless you have lots of space for a gradual raise and drop in height before/after the bridge . THe LGB curved trucks ( they are lovely btw  :love: :love: :love:) will not allow you to create a zig zag / spiral elevation without again needing plenty of space ,  a complete circle with 30deg standard LGB curned tracks is no less than approx 80cm diameter  approx  but to create a zig zag  for elevation you will need again a lot of space for that gradual raise BUT worth looking at if you ask me. I guess in that case you will need also to create some short of hill for that zig zag to go round for gradual elevation

HOWEVER  LGB has a special track ( toothed ) for trains to go up at steep angles , have a look at it here

https://www.maerklinshop.de/index.php?sid=1hd50bdglbefpurotbniikptd7&cl=details&cnid=6cd67d9b6f0150c77bda2eda01ae484c&anid=L10210

now that might solve the problem and i am sure the playmo locos can be slightly modified to use this track or you can modify them and stuff given you DIY know how. I am also very interested in this and how it can be used to work with playmo locos as i planb to set my train ( 90m of track ) at the mountain home soon.... I really hope and pray that these toothed LGB tracks solve your problem and can be used with playmo trains  ;)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2012, 22:54:04 »
Well the company that organizes the event sent us some forms

The first one is the color flyer for ordering your space

Inside is the locations of booths and what buildings everyting will be in. It also had the prices  :o. corner, side, inside corner all had diffrent prices but they averaged out to $10 per Sq. Ft.  :omg: They are having me use 1200 Sq. Ft.  8} You can also see where the steam train that you can ride will be located

The back is all last year businesses

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2012, 22:55:14 »
Then the legal department pile  ::)

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2012, 22:57:28 »
Then the actuall floor layout of where the dios will be.

We will be opposit the busy door so we will not have a fresh stream of people right on top of us all the time. Here we are going to get the people after they have filtered through/around the hall.  Each booth on the side is about 10x10 so it looks like the building is 180 x 120-ish

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2012, 23:20:17 »
1200 square feet at $10 a square foot!? :o Wow, that's crazy!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2012, 23:40:11 »
1200 square feet at $10 a square foot!? :o Wow, that's crazy!

I priced out Exhibition hall 1, its will bring in $205,800  :hellol: for one weekend and there are 4 halls

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2012, 23:43:17 »
I guess we know where the real money is now. :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2012, 23:55:13 »
I guess we know where the real money is now. :lol:

I just poured beer at my cousins church food fair, they pulled 40k on sat and sun looks better. The food, beer and wine was all donated so its a tax write off for the donator and the congregation cooked/served it all. I need to start collecting churches  :lol:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2012, 07:33:15 »
Or just start giving your playmobil priests fancy sports cars.  ;)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2012, 18:10:34 »
You're right by the restrooms, so guaranteed steady traffic. Hope things are coming together well for you.