Author Topic: Hello from Northern Virginia  (Read 1096 times)

Offline GrandpaDave

• Playmo Pal
Hello from Northern Virginia
« on: November 28, 2019, 03:01:14 »
As a new member I'd like to introduce myself.

I go by GrandpaDave and got into Playmobil just within the last two years.  I have two young grandsons that love trains so I bought a few vintage Playmobil train sets to get them started.  I have a large LGB (Lehmann-Gross-Bahn) train layout myself which is the same scale as the Playmobil trains.  It allows my grandkids to run their trains on my layout.  I also bought a Playmobil motorized crane and cargo truck for them to play with in conjunction with the train set.

Unfortunately Playmobil no longer makes train sets so finding good complete sets has been a challenge.  I'm very interested in finding missing parts from a set I recently bought.  Would be interested in any ideas members have for looking for parts.  Since the train sets are so old the playmobil.com site no longer carries the parts for the train sets, as best I can tell.

Grandpa Dave

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
Re: Hello from Northern Virginia
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 09:09:28 »
Welcome GrandpaDave from Louisiana!  :wave: I feel your pain for the lack of vintage sets nowadays, and hope you can find what you need. Best of luck! ;)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 09:28:43 »
Welcome from Portugal :)

There are some train experts about!

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 10:44:05 »
Welcome from Tennessee
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 14:04:13 »
A very warm welcome to you from Marlow on Thames, England  :wave:
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 16:29:11 »
Welcome from the UK  :wave:  Trains are one of my interests and if I can help, I will.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 18:48:40 »
Welcome from Oregon,  I also have trains so let us know what you are looking for.

Offline PMatt

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2019, 14:27:19 »
Welcome, GrandpaDave!  :wave:  There's been an influx of US members lately and as you can see train enthusiasts abound, I'm sure you'll find yourself at home here.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 09:37:26 »
Welcome from the UK, GrandpaDave!

I don't collect PM trains, but I love trying to track down missing PM parts. You are right that the Replacement Parts service (aka Direct Service or DS) does not offer parts from sets older than about 8 years. Which leaves eBay or fellow collectors to supply missing parts much of the time. Many of us hope and pray that older parts will be re-released (is that a word?) in current sets, so we can buy them from DS.

Show us the specific parts you want, with part number if possible (and a link to the part on PlaymoDB if it's shown there) and someone may be able to help!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)