Author Topic: New eBay acquisitions (5727, 3938, 3799)  (Read 7896 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: New eBay acquisitions (5727, 3938, 3799)
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 13:13:30 »

it would be so easy to have new islands but geobra just seems to forget their own "construction" strategies.  8}
in the african wildlife theme they made up a lot of "little" sets that could be added to one another creating a larger landscape.  :love:
it would be so easy to do the same with a pirate island - dividing it in several smaller (and sellable) sets that would fit eachother using the system-x capabilities.  :)
... the only improvement i can imagine would be some "finish" pieces that could be taken out when you decide to "glue" the various sets (this pieces would come out and be "stored" outside the growing island).
... and a "long" island wouldn't be that odd - i am one of the proud few humans who have landed in the formigas islets (in the middle of the atlantic in the axores archipelago) and they can look very "piratical".[/font]  :captain:

This is an awesome idea! You're right; they should do more sets in pieces like that. because huge toy sets just don't sell very well with parents. But then they could still be great sets if you WANTED to spend the monry to get all the pieces. I loved the way the African river was done, but I wish the pieces clicked together somehow or had connecting pieces to keep it together.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 22:24:48 »
I wasn't too sure about this before, but looking at it closely I like it!
Thanks for showing and such a good review racerx  :clap:

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 23:44:56 »
Great buys and I am really liking the lighthouse!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 01:14:39 »
This is an awesome idea! You're right; they should do more sets in pieces like that. because huge toy sets just don't sell very well with parents. But then they could still be great sets if you WANTED to spend the monry to get all the pieces. I loved the way the African river was done, but I wish the pieces clicked together somehow or had connecting pieces to keep it together.

:wow: thank you for the compliment bonniebeth.
 :-[ keeping modesty away i really think this could be one of those "ideas for herr branstatter to mull over".
i've posted a less "complete" version of it there - before i knew of the african sets.
it all started with my frustraion on seeing that the ds 7718 set had a clean cut on one of the sides of the island - clearly done to aloud something else to "glue" on - but nothing ever came up (as far as i know) that could "relate" to this cut.  :'(
    honni soit qui mal y pense