Author Topic: KIRKBEAN PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2010  (Read 16084 times)

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
Re: KIRKBEAN PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2010
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 09:55:48 »
Those are some very nice displays, Elaine!  Brava! :clap:
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 16:42:26 »
Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments. 
I thoroughly enjoyed the whole event, even the sleepless night!

It has been suggested that next year we run it for a week rather than 3 days - I'll have to get the committee's reaction to that!

how you left the playmobil alone there at the night??

I was worried about leaving things set up with no one in the hall but I actually left it for a full week after the event finished because I was too busy that week to dismantle it!   :-[ I must admit that I did go in and check on it a few times  :lol:

I am suprised youy just put up 'Please do not touch the displays' - if it were my Playmobil I would have had those posts with ropes going around :lol:

Your village hall looks very modern and impressive - ours has an aesbestos roof and inside covered with dark wood panelling :0

I was a little worried about things going missing but didn't have any ropes etc. to put around the displays and was amazed that nothing at all went missing.  A few items were moved around by young children but that was all, even the play area had nothing missing or broken - in fact even all the colouring pencils were intact at the end!
As to the village hall - it is the same age as me!  (I think it has fared better  ;D ) It has just had a new roof and although it looks very light, it is a large hall and in need of new heating and insulation too, when we go to events in the winter we keep our coats on!

What I did forget to mention was that James, my eldest boy also helped - he put together the flowers on the Victorian House and did a lot of fetching and carrying for me  :D so that makes four of us  ;D

Elaine  :)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010, 16:23:55 »
WOW! :omg:

These dioramas are absolutely beautiful! Great job

It must be so much fun to put on an event like this. A lot of work, but it's the kind of thing I really enjoy. maybe someday...
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 21:01:09 »
Hi Skypurr

I was fascinated to see the photos of your event.  I was in the area around the time - I was holidaying near New Abbey and saw the poster while driving through Kirkbean.  Unfortunately, we were leaving the day your exhibition began and couldn't see it.  If I'd known the effort put in and the scale of what was on show I would have stayed a few hours extra to see it.  We'll be back next year at the end of July so maybe our holiday will coincide with a further exhibition.

I am now inspired and have begun plans to do something similar.  I am involved in the local Cubs and Scouts and we are planning to put on an exhibition at our scout hut as a fundraiser.  I do not have the amount of PM that you have, but pooled with another parent's collection we might be getting there.  We are looking to do something around half term in February 2011.  I hope to get the kids involved with designing and building dioramas.

I might get back to you to ask about activity material you used and the approach you made to Playmobil for promotional material.

Playmofirth

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2010, 19:45:41 »
Sorry you didn't call in at the hall Playmofirth - I was probably there, surrounded by chaos!  :lol:
We do hope to repeat the exhibition next year at the same time - I'm already making plans for dioramas,  Hopefully it should be easier next time as I know now how much can be set up in advance and how long it is likely to take.  There were lots of things that I had to leave out of this year's exhibition because of lack of time.
If you need any advice etc. with organising an event with the Cubs and Scouts let me know.
(I also used to be involved with Scouting - I ran Sea Scouts for a couple of years and was Akela at the Cubs for 15 years!)

Elaine

Offline gassy

• Playmo Fanatic
    • Playmobil
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2010, 20:43:52 »
Hello Elaine

Congratulations on your exhibition, am excited  :love:
wish you good luck next time

gassy
#‎PlaymobilQuixote

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 08:22:53 »
Great work Elaine!!!

I'm so jealous!!

I hope some day we have something like this here in Greece!!!

LOve your work!!!!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 15:50:21 »

I was a little worried about things going missing but didn't have any ropes etc. to put around the displays and was amazed that nothing at all went missing.  A few items were moved around by young children but that was all, even the play area had nothing missing or broken - in fact even all the colouring pencils were intact at the end!

Elaine  :)

Obviously you are surrounded by honest and law abiding people up there.  The last time I had a display at the local fire station open day when I dismantled the display (supervised all the time) I discovered someone had managed to remove and make off with the winch from the front of one of the 3880 fire engines.  How they did it goodness knows as it requires holding the fire engine in one hand and a strong pull with the other to get the winch off.  As I have a stock of spares, it wasn't a problem replacing it. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2010, 11:59:46 »
Obviously you are surrounded by honest and law abiding people up there.  The last time I had a display at the local fire station open day when I dismantled the display (supervised all the time) I discovered someone had managed to remove and make off with the winch from the front of one of the 3880 fire engines.  How they did it goodness knows as it requires holding the fire engine in one hand and a strong pull with the other to get the winch off.  As I have a stock of spares, it wasn't a problem replacing it. 

What on earth did they want it for?  ???

We are lucky here as far as 'crime' goes.  There is occasionally a little trouble at the caravan sites during the holiday season but for the most part the biggest problem we have are people bringing quad bikes to race on the sand dunes. 
However one year someone towed away a new caravan from the caravan site and left an old one in its place - and nobody noticed for a few days!!  :lol:

Elaine

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 01:16:20 »
Very nice setups! :wave: