Author Topic: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012, TRAINS AND BEACH  (Read 13099 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012, TRAINS AND BEACH
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 07:13:01 »
Excellent, Gordon!!! Really excellent! I see your bridge rusult is very successful!! Love the steck detail!!
Thank you for these videos!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 07:16:09 »
Thank you everyone.   :wave:   I hope to post some still photos shortly and links to other videos.

Panos, as a moderator would you please alter the title of this thread to KNARESBOROUGH PLAYMOBIL EXHIBITION 2012, TRAINS AND BEACH.  Thank you.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 07:27:33 »
Done  :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 08:44:09 »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 18:27:20 »
Well I always love a good train layout. Love the bridge and the kid that says:" I like this very much"!

On the whole you should use more nature parts and stuff because it seems a bit empty on the whole

Add on sets 7339,7440 and 7441 are perfect for in train curves. I'll show pictures of mine this weekend!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 19:15:40 »
Well I always love a good train layout. Love the bridge and the kid that says:" I like this very much"!

On the whole you should use more nature parts and stuff because it seems a bit empty on the whole

Add on sets 7339,7440 and 7441 are perfect for in train curves. I'll show pictures of mine this weekend!

I used some of the DS landscape parts and there is more to see of the farm etc;  I'll be posting still photos of these shortly.  The empty spaces are partly the due to the shortage of time for setting up (about 12 hours) and the difficulty of reaching parts of the display area.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 19:36:46 »
Excellent work on this project! The reaction of the children is priceless! :)9
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 22:01:18 »
I used some of the DS landscape parts and there is more to see of the farm etc;  I'll be posting still photos of these shortly.  The empty spaces are partly the due to the shortage of time for setting up (about 12 hours) and the difficulty of reaching parts of the display area.

I thought time was a reason here! I always wonder how much time people like michael and rapunzel need to set up their displays, surely they must train in advance!

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 23:18:25 »
That dio is great! Looks like a very cute town. I want to live there! ;)
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline playmofirth

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2012, 00:07:20 »
I have to add that Highlandcattle may have failed to appreciate the effort required to pull this display together.  Because the hall is used on the Thursday all the work, including laying the boards and getting the correct height differential had to be done on the Friday.  Gordon was in at around noon if I recall correctly and we had to get track laid and sets laid out.  As others of us were busy with our own sets Gordon was on his own with this for a lot of the time.

Gordon, Elaine and Damo had all packed their cars with everything they could.  I had some system x buildings that could have been added to the towns on either side but I am not convinced they were needed.  Last year we set out to pack the City Life display with buildings and this year there were some comments during planning about giving a bit of space.  I think this worked. 

We talked about adding to the fields.  It may have been possible to add some livestock but this was not a big deal.
We could have put more in (given more time) but was it really necessary?  I don't think so.