Author Topic: Medieval Houses  (Read 11221 times)

Offline tigana123

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Chief Architect
Medieval Houses
« on: November 12, 2011, 09:49:29 »
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this post, since it is my first one on such topic.

I've be starting building my knights (and medieval in general) collection -- I 've all related to the Knights' Empire (3268), Rock Castle (3269 - Dragon knights), Barbarian (4435) and Dragonland sets.

I have been looking for some medieval house to expand this world and already got from Playmobil Hellas the Medieval House with Barn (7145) and Yellow Framework House (7379) along with some older ones from e-bay like Tailors House (3440).

Now I'm looking for the Red Framework House (7785) and Blue timbered house (7847). I also saw that Playmobil DE has re-introduced Medieval Bakery (6219) which is prety much the same as 3441 (?). I believe they also had 7847 available some time ago (?)

So, the questions (!): does anybody knows if the above 7785 and 7847 are going to be released again or how can they be ordered, and if 6219 is going to be available in other countries (like Greece)?

Thank you

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Medieval Houses
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 10:59:21 »
All steck houses releases through DS were a request from collectors. The re-issued bakery success was a last year request of the pilot group that paved the way to a still developing official Collectors Club. The red, blue, and yellow houses were a result of a much older attempt from sellers to ask for the re-issue of classic medieval sets. If playmobil is willing to re-issue more steck houses is unknown at this point, but I suppose, when the PCC launches, there will be ways to pursuade playmobil to re-produce more such houses.

The blue and red houses can be found in ebay, but saddly for really high prices. 6219 will probably be available from January 2012 onwards in Greece, but rumor has it, as some other threads here state, that its already sold out...

Offline tigana123

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Chief Architect
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 12:56:02 »
I see ...

Thank you for the reply. I have seen the blue and red house in Ebay but the price is very high, almost 100Eu each (incl shipment).

Regards

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 19:07:05 »
Blue steck houses are the most expensive of of the DS series . For some reason many come on ebay from time to time from ...Australia i have noticed. The yellow and red are available on  ebay , the white one is scarce sealed but easy to make with parts . Green is also not that hard to make form parts . Complete 3440,3441, 3442 ,3443, 3444, 3445 ,3446, 3447, 3448 , 3449, 3450, 3666, 3667, 3888 always command a very high price especially if they have their klickies in the them

Sir Wolf has made a good point, we dont know if the bakery makes it to greece as they seem to have already sold out, i hope playmobil brings out anotehr batch , i have never heard of a compnay selling a product , being sold out and not produce more but playbobil is a bit full of surprises some good some bad !!!!

My advice is to decide if you want a collector's approach where you want at least one of each , complete  or just steck houses to build a village or city . For the former i think patience and cost are a must , for the second ebay hunting for the right parts and for a relatively small cost you can build many steck houses , my advice also decide if you want red roofs only or ok with the dark blue ones also ( red, blue, yellow houses ) and if yuo want closed roofs or with the opening . personally i didnt use any opened roof parts  in my city  and i am still to replace the blue with red , a cost of almost 300 euros for all 14 blue roof steck houses i have and at the moment i prefer to buy klikcies  for that money but reckon a red roof only city is much better

Glad to see another one with the steck fever !!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i want to buy a couple of steck houses now !!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tigana123

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Chief Architect
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 21:28:53 »
Well, given the comments, I gave up and bought 6219 in Ebay yesterday (54.99 !!!!). At least I bought some other stuff with it like Western Windrad 6214, 7927 Magierwerkstatt etc, so that shipping cost is distributed among them.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 08:37:46 »
Well, given the comments, I gave up and bought 6219 in Ebay yesterday (54.99 !!!!). At least I bought some other stuff with it like Western Windrad 6214, 7927 Magierwerkstatt etc, so that shipping cost is distributed among them.

Ah, yes.. I'm VERY familiar with the "buy more to save on shipping" theory  ;D

What I'd really like to find is the red house... not for a fortune, I mean.. :(

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 10:35:58 »
Ah, yes.. I'm VERY familiar with the "buy more to save on shipping" theory  ;D

What I'd really like to find is the red house... not for a fortune, I mean.. :(

Is is true that there were some red houses sold in germany that were of a much ligher shade of red when compared to the ones I have for example in my steck city, from pictures i have seen in some dioramas i dont remember where the red shade was much much lighter , different color all together, looked like Ferrari Rosso Corsa infact !!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tigana123

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Chief Architect
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 21:28:38 »
Just for the history; today got somewhat aggressive in E-bay and bought 7785, 7847 and 7109 (all used but claimed to be complete) from the same seller. I'm anxious to get them..

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 09:58:38 »
Good buys !! were they pictures to show how complete they really are ???? always check for that ... :)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 12:38:55 »
definatly, I hate it when they show the box or a catalog picture instead of the real thing unless its still sealed.