Author Topic: Flying steck castle project.  (Read 8322 times)

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
Flying steck castle project.
« on: July 17, 2010, 23:01:50 »
Had a bit of time this weekend so I decided to start building the castle I need for my project.

I have been collecting steck sets and bits and bobs for months now, so it is time to see if I had enough and how it all fits together. By no means is it finished. There is still a lot to do and a lot to modify. This is just to get an impression where the problems are.

The castle wil be mounted on a ground plate and it should be possible to lift it up.

This is a castle that flies through space (spell jamming, in D&D terms). It can also blink (short distance teleport). It is inhabited by a bunch of mad wizards. On the ground floor is a huge magical canon, that protrudes from the underside. I still have to build that. I'll start as soon as I have a good gunmount. Probably the ladder installation of the first fire truck.

This is the front of the castle. I modified the gate piece to fit on the first floor. Normally that is not possible with this piece. There is no entrance on ground level. One needs to enter the castle by non-conventional means. A flying carpet for instance.  Or a ladder. Note the spider web windows. I have been chasing those for months and was able to find quite a few.

This is an overview of the entire castle. In front are a few bits that still need to be installed. I have the choice of two magical chairs that I need to control the flight of the castle. In D&D a flying ship is controlled by a helm, which is a magical seat usually. I prefer the big one, but it is difficult to fit.

This is the rear of the castle. It has 2 balconies and 2 bay windows. I wanted the windows under the balconies, but that doesn't fit. Ideas anyone?

The logo on the window covers will be replaced by the shield of the mad wizards, of course.

A shot into the court yard. The main building has a balcony, with some of the mad wizards on it. Somewhere over there I'll have to place the throne to control the flying castle. I'll replace the floors of the first floor with custom made flooring. Combining existing steck pieces is not possible, I found out today. The tabs of the different pieces get in each others way. I was going to make flooring for this floor anyway, because wood isn't quite right. Should be stone tiles or something. See also my thread about making steck flooring.

Note Ali Baba in the background. (He is wearing a golden crown today, because he lent his silver one to the dark overlord of the undead army)

Still haven't decided on who will be the castle guard. I have quite a lot of footsoldiers now. I can make a nice little army of those. But the green men are quite cool, I think. From this angle they look quite not to be messed with.

Still a lot to do. To my big surprise.............I need more steck!!!!!

Need to do a lot of cleaning and bleaching. There are some frightfull color differences between some pieces. I need to make flags, logo's, floors, etc etc.

And I still have to do the interior. Haven't got the victorian bathroom yet and still need some kitchen pieces. Thinking about installing a washing machine.

More later, much later.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
Re: Flying steck castle project.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 23:10:14 »
Nice use of steck-  So many parts I wish I had...   :'(  I think a chimney is top on my list...
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline UnaSigne

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 05:08:53 »
Still a lot to do. To my big surprise.............I need more steck!!!!!

Oh, Ali...there's NEVER enough steck!  :lol:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 06:20:43 »
You're finding the hard way, there is never enouhg steck!!!

I really love the scenario and the design of this castle Ali!!! Great work and concept!!! I am anxious to see the throne at its proper place!!!

About the windows and balconies...how can this be possible?

----edit----

oh ok now i see it...the floor clips/teeth are longer and do not fit properly over the roof tiles of the window... perhaps if you saw and cut these floor clips a bit...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 08:30:19 by Wolf Knight »

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 08:04:05 »
Really cool! Thanks for posting. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 09:51:21 »
Coyote, I have plenty of roofpieces, but only 2 chimneys. They seem to be a bit rare.

About the balcony, it is as you sai, sir Knight. Perhaps I will adapt the little roofpieces that cover the bay windows. I'm not inclined to adapt a floorpiece, because they are often damaged. An undamaged one is hard to find.

The installation of the throne will be very special. It needs to be. It will of course also have a crystal ball, to see where you are flying to.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 19:30:33 »
It looks really great Ali Baba. Cant wait to see it when it is finished. Love the story and I cant wait for when you spring this on your D&D players.

Good luck finishing it!

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 20:03:53 »
That's a nice looking castle, Ali Baba!  It looks fantastical, especially with some of its guards, yet could be be realistic with just a few modifications.  Nice work!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 20:13:21 »
Nice work Ali! It looks great!  :clap:

B-W  :wave:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 22:26:13 »
Beautiful castle Ali  :love:

I especially enjoyed the way you mixed the characters as it is definitely adding a touch of magic  ;)

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.