Author Topic: A Unique Part  (Read 1229 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
A Unique Part
« on: April 14, 2021, 15:41:04 »
Today I noticed an interesting part in a set listed on eBay here. This is set 1795 from Playpeople (the brand name adopted by Marx Toys to sell versions of Playmobil sets under licence from Geobra Brandstatter in the years 1975-1980). Its a Circus set similar to the set 3510 produced by the main (German) Playmobil company.

On the box and in the listing photos 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8 one of the horses has a white saddle with two parallel bars attached, which a clown is using to perform acrobatics while the horse runs round the ring. I think I am right in suggesting this part is unique to this set and Playpeople set 1790, circus performers (see Collector 3rd. edn., page 468 or Klickypedia for both sets).

Unfortunately, I cannot afford £180 to buy the set 1795, nice though it is, but if anyone has the part to spare, I would love to buy it from you....

I know of only one other part which is unique to Playpeople sets (not including a few Klicky colour combinations) and that is the Policeman's helmet.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: A Unique Part
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 17:00:41 »
Sorry Graham, not unique (but saves you a bunch of money). That part is in the Color series horse acrobats number 3642. It's not super obvious in the box picture because it is colored tan but as a color set of course it is the same white. The set as a whole may be unique in that the combo I don't think appeared together elsewhere.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 17:23:00 »
Oh yes! That's exactly the same part. Thanks Tiermann. It goes to show how important is personal knowledge of obscure sets!
Here is a good view of the part in question.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 17:40:48 »
Ah, yes... and the reason that set may escape mount 3  ::)

I am SO stupid that way.  :-[