Author Topic: Who is he?  (Read 2834 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Who is he?
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 09:15:33 »
It does seem likely he could be a promotional keyring figure. Searching on eBay.de for "schlüsselanhanger" or "werbefigur" brought up many klickies I hadn't seen before, mostly well-known ones with additional printing, but not this one. I also tried using Google Images to find a match to the design on the klicky's chest, but no luck there either.

The mystery will be solved one day!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 09:50:25 »
It does seem likely he could be a promotional keyring figure. Searching on eBay.de for "schlüsselanhanger" or "werbefigur" brought up many klickies I hadn't seen before, mostly well-known ones with additional printing, but not this one. I also tried using Google Images to find a match to the design on the klicky's chest, but no luck there either.

The mystery will be solved one day!

I tried finding the logo too, but with no success. IF that is even a logo. It's just.. it even doesn't look completely unknown to me... GAH. This is driving me nuts!
(since we don't do keychains, I don't look twice at them if the klickys are known - but I do notice when I don't know them... and try to get them. But I dechain them)

Also still to solve: Ruby's hair in black and Alex's in blonde... (besides those half transparent ones, but those are probably from the cleaning)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2020, 12:07:32 »
Also still to solve: Ruby's hair in black and Alex's in blonde...

That was a while ago! I just assumed they were prototypes or mistakes, never used on a real klicky. Perhaps there were klickies planned, then withdrawn. Like the Starbucks ones?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2020, 12:17:05 »
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2020, 13:51:17 »

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2024, 16:42:00 »
This one is still bugging me. I got Max Pfannholzer's 2023 Katalog of promo figures a few months ago. It covers 600 figures (review to follow shortly...) but this one definitely isn't in it. There are a few figures (12) without illustrations, so it could be one of those I guess, but only one has no description, a 2018 figure from Malta's Puttinu Cares. All the other Puttinu Cares figures have "Puttinu Cares" and the year issued printed on the back, so I don't think that is it.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2024, 08:51:42 »
This one is still bugging me.

Ditto. The darn logo does look familiar, but I can't place it.

It could also be a klicky from some set, but I think between us, SOMEONE would remember him?

I did get another with a keychain - with indian hair and a red headband (I think).. But no idea if that was the original one..