Author Topic: Where is this hat from?!  (Read 1647 times)

Offline toronto653

• Playmo Pal
Where is this hat from?!
« on: November 21, 2020, 15:21:02 »
I can’t find any information of where this hat is from?! It’s a very dark bluish-purple color with two holes for feathers.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Where is this hat from?!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 15:55:20 »
Nine hats with wide brim and two feather-holes are listed in PlaymoDB, but only two of them have the two holes spaced widely like your one, and neither of those is that dark blue-purple colour. So it might be from a very recent set, or possibly a very old one. The colour is reminiscent of the ACW sets.
Not much help, sorry  :-[
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Erik

• Playmobil crusader / Toyhunter
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 17:52:59 »
From the 4234 circus "Horse act"?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 18:09:26 by Erik »
The most valiant knights are made of German plastic!!!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 18:31:46 »
It looks plausible, especially on your second pic, Erik, where the two holes seem more widely spaced. This may be a case where a part was issued in two forms with the same part number (ETN), in this case some with feather holes close together on some and more widely spaced on others.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline toronto653

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 04:40:01 »
It could possibly be, but playmodb and the images have a hat with the rim on the top (like the one the green lady wears in 5345), whereas the hat I have in question is the exact same mold of the hat the yellow lady wears in 5360... it seems playmodb doesn’t really differentiate the two styles...

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 12:39:43 »

I am pretty sure there are 2 versions of set 4234... in the first, the riders have the navy blue pants and the woman a navy skirt with the hat pictured on the box, but the other version she has this purple hat and they all have purple pants/skirt
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.