Author Topic: Klicky Anatomy: Brief rant/overview of body types  (Read 3837 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Klicky Anatomy: Brief rant/overview of body types
« on: November 17, 2020, 22:30:54 »
Well...

Last weekend I took a closer look at the odd body types...

Klicky Anatomy: Brief rant/overview of body types (direct link on playkingdoms)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
Re: Klicky Anatomy: Brief rant/overview of body types
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 23:58:56 »
Then, the speedos. Though they are pretty nice for beach klickys, they are somewhat lacking as anything else.

I think the speedoes wouldn't look too shabby as gladiators.  :roman:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 02:18:20 »
Thanks for this! I shall not proceed beyond your first picture – for me speedos are definitively the border case, beyond that it just gets too freakish. And speedos themselves already are kind of weird: they only work as naked adults*, so in my collection it is basically only the Figures Boys 10 Nubian who is allowed in, but then in numbers. :loco:

Just one remark: speedo girl arms work with regular klickies, and the other way around – right?

* And remember that it is supposed to be so that Klickies are children acting as adults! (head:body proportions, etc.) The beauty of this concept was entirely lost when the new body types were introduced.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 08:45:36 »
I think the speedoes wouldn't look too shabby as gladiators.  :roman:

They don't - as naked klickys.. that is mostly what I meant... Though for me, they'd need shoes... and we STILL don't have roman sandals for speedos... because.. WHAT!?  SO freaking OBVIOUS!

Just one remark: speedo girl arms work with regular klickies, and the other way around – right?

No.  I wish!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 12:05:48 »
That's a very useful review, tara. Thanks.
I'm glad your KekoKrak still works. Mine got less effective after only about 10 gos. Not worth what I paid for it.
With the speedo arms, are left and right arms the same? Same question for Spirit arms.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 13:22:13 »
That's a very useful review, tara. Thanks.

Thank you - though more of a rant than a review, according to my sister (hence the title  :P )

I'm glad your KekoKrak still works. Mine got less effective after only about 10 gos. Not worth what I paid for it.

I don't think mine popped 10 klickys yet. I only use it for super4 and spirit ones...

With the speedo arms, are left and right arms the same? Same question for Spirit arms.

The speedos have left and right arms. I believe the spirit ones do to (and the super4) - I didn't really pay much attention to them so far, for the reasons stated.

Another pointless mess, left+right arms. :(   (except for the baggy sleeves)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 15:52:07 »
Thank you for these helpful pics and explanation  :)
So much potential lost... if only the super4 & spirit body parts were compatible with the normal klickys.... Argh!  :doh: :wall:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 18:09:51 »
At risk of stating the obvious and not wishing to diminish anyone's righteous frustration with geobra's designers, klickies are not meant to be pulled apart and recombined in novel ways. Geobra don't want to encourage children to pull the toys apart and create new figures, especially if the results are better than the designs their own people come up with. And collectors who want to do this must be weirdos.

Oh, hang on, the Figures series are designed to be assembled in different configurations, pulled apart and reassembled.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 19:29:15 »
So much potential lost... if only the super4 & spirit body parts were compatible with the normal klickys.... Argh!  :doh: :wall:

I don't need them compatible. I just need them to not exist!  >:D   It adds nothing. :(

Oh, hang on, the Figures series are designed to be assembled in different configurations, pulled apart and reassembled.

Yeah, even when they have one where you can switch... the head.  ::)

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 21:51:51 »

Sorry to hear but it was the same here. A piece of junk, if you ask me. :hmm: