Author Topic: Anyone seen this Traveller before?  (Read 2089 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Anyone seen this Traveller before?
« on: July 17, 2020, 18:21:06 »
I got this guy from an eBay seller. Obviously the figure may have been customised (head and hand skin-colours do not match), but the vest is distinctive with that print on the back (its a print not a sticker). Anyone know anything more about him?

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Anyone seen this Traveller before?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 20:05:59 »
I wonder if it is by a Playmobil group sending a figure between themselves.

I recall we had a figure called Miss Cis on PF who travelled around a bit on the old Playmoboard forum.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 20:23:41 »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 08:17:14 »
Yes, that's certainly the jacket. The figure is clearly a recombinant. Thanks tahra and playmofire!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 22:33:44 »
Hi Graham!

Do you need this figure Tahra pointed out? https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-00-4700

I can give you one! :)
 :wave:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 09:26:12 »
Yes, that's certainly the jacket. The figure is clearly a recombinant. Thanks tahra and playmofire!

A "recombinant"?  You've been looking through the George W. Bush Dictionary.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 10:14:24 »
A "recombinant"?  You've been looking through the George W. Bush Dictionary.

No, my degree is in Biology, so it makes sense to me to call random (and of no real merit) rearrangements of klicky parts "recombinants" rather than "customs." Its a Blind Watchmaker v Intelligent Design thing.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 10:23:28 »
Hi Graham!

Do you need this figure Tahra pointed out? https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-00-4700

I can give you one! :)
 :wave:

Thanks, Lufty. I'll get back to you on that kind offer. I thought the jacket was from some arcane exclusive figure, which is why I bought it!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 16:34:15 »
No, my degree is in Biology, so it makes sense to me to call random (and of no real merit) rearrangements of klicky parts "recombinants" rather than "customs." Its a Blind Watchmaker v Intelligent Design thing.

So you're saying klickies just arose by chance in the primordial soup?
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman: