Author Topic: Starbucks???  (Read 6256 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
Re: Starbucks???
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2021, 08:49:04 »
I know that Playmobil aren't exactly known for having the most accurate media team, but in all the responses/comments on the FB page they say that Starbucks South Korea approached them rather than the other way around

I wonder what the conversation at Playmobil headquarters sounded like. "So... So they want make us money ey? Money! I don't know about that!"

Online JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 16:29:33 »
Well, I ordered mine.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 02:56:45 »
PM might as well go whole hog on that type of licensing. They've already swallowed the Hollywood draught. Doing stuff like Starbucks at least would allow kids to simulate the real world.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2021, 04:30:18 »
To be fair, it's no different to the Esso/Shell garages they made back in the 80s/90s

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2021, 04:37:20 »
Yes I meant to make that point but it didn't come out clearly. PM has always done real world brands, they don't excite me but I am okay with them, the Hollywood stuff I actively dislike. Since they're already all in on the latter, why not go all in on the former.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2021, 09:22:13 »
But if you're going to do a coffee theme, why Starbuck's?  Certainly in the UK their decor confuses gloom with romance.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Macruran

• Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2021, 09:50:55 »
You'd best ask the Koreans!

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2021, 14:53:56 »
But if you're going to do a coffee theme, why Starbuck's?  Certainly in the UK their decor confuses gloom with romance.

I guess - if they actually wanted to do it - it's the most universal coffee brand, which is probably the problem with any branded stuff

Yes I meant to make that point but it didn't come out clearly. PM has always done real world brands, they don't excite me but I am okay with them, the Hollywood stuff I actively dislike. Since they're already all in on the latter, why not go all in on the former.

I see what you mean - I'm similarly indifferent on the branded stuff. In this case, I don't mind them as specials but I wouldn't want the cafe in the regular line up to be replaced as a branded one.

Online JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2021, 15:04:17 »
I have, probably foolishly, ordered all 7 from a Korean Ebay dealer.  8}

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2021, 16:42:27 »
It's not foolish if you like them! If you waited until they appeared in your part of the world, you might miss out on them completely! And which one of hasn't bought some PM and then reflected that it might have been a rash purchase? That could be a new topic; "The most foolish decision I made when buying PM"

In any case, shouldn't we get promotional products at a lower price, in exchange for promoting their brand?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)