Poll

Do you like the new options for klickies' faces?

Yes, they add new dimension to characters in photostories or customizing.
No. They're terrible! I like the classic style.
Don't care. I can change it out if I don't like it.

Author Topic: What do you think of the series 2 specials' non-trademark faces?  (Read 11471 times)

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
Hey Playmofriends  :wave: With the new Series 2 specials coming out, with the designs getting odder and odder, I was just wondering how you feel about the deviation from the "classic" Playmobil look? Do you hate the strange faces or do you embrace the changes, as it allows for more creative customizing? Which looks are your favorite? Why?

Cheers!
Jenna
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
Re: What do you think of the series 2 specials' non-trademark faces?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 01:16:06 »
Moderators: Please feel free to move this poll! I always think this is section is about collecting and not directly about the official Collector's Club  :doh:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 01:17:33 »
I don't mind some of the changes. Good thing is you can always turn the head around for the classic smile. I wouldn't mind if they would come up with new designs and parts. I know there are several new hair pieces but there are a lot of torso and legs that have been rehashed. Overall I think its great PM has come up with these. On the contrary, regular specials maybe going away. Don't know for sure though.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 01:27:40 »
i think the advent of the turning head is great and I would hope they add it to all their figures... as long as the classic face remains an option... I'm good  :love:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 01:46:20 »
I don't have any of these, but I think it'd be cooler if they would stick with the classic smile, just with more additional features available like eyelashes, blushing, eye patches, facial hair, scars, face paint, and such. I mean... that pretty much covers mostly any additional features I guess. :lol: I think that all of these function well, considering any "bad" figures look bad enough with their outfits and eyebrows (but not the wretched painted-on faces of some Dragon Land people...). Some of the other faces on the series 2 figures seem weird, and the head turning thing seems annoying to me. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 02:54:45 »
I don't have any of these, but I think it'd be cooler if they would stick with the classic smile, just with more additional features available like eyelashes, blushing, eye patches, facial hair, scars, face paint, and such. I mean... that pretty much covers mostly any additional features I guess. :lol:

ditto  ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 03:31:58 »
I chose the, No They are Terrible because I really don't like them.
The new faces seem... weird. Especially the skater. :-\
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 04:17:16 »
I voted no because I lean more that way. I am ok with the sad face on the jailer, because it still looks fairly classic, and can be useful in photo stories. But all the weird sneers and smirks... I HATE them! :no: I am happy we can at least turn them around, though.

I'll move this to a different board, Jenna, no problem. :)
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 04:31:56 »
I voted no because I lean more that way. I am ok with the sad face on the jailer, because it still looks fairly classic   

doesn't it look like a big mustache instaid of a mouth?  :hmm:
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 07:12:35 »
Also going with no, since most that are not based on the usual one are DREADFUL. And the turning doesn't really help in plenty of cases - it's hard to find a hair that will cover the horrid thing completely in the back....