Author Topic: 4082 Mega THW set  (Read 16344 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4082 Mega THW set
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 19:57:55 »
Hello Gordon :wave:

Thank you very much for this very detailed review. I really enjoy your desripctions of the equipment included.
I've been thinking of buying this set since it was released in Germany at Galeria Kaufhof, but my money was spent on other things and now I need ( 8}) to buy the new sets in the Modern Living theme. Maybe some day I'll buy it.

Once again - thank you very much for the review and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your creations.
Thank you, LHAAP, glad you enjoyed it.  As for buying the set, I'd say buy it if you can and while you can as it may not be available indefinitely.  On Galeria Kaufhof the only set I can find is the compact loader and their new special sets produced for them are farm ones.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 20:45:30 by playmofire »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 20:01:33 »
Thanks for taking the time to put together such a extensive review of this big set . With your photos I was able to appreciate the blue tone Playmobil chose and am wanting it even more .  :'(

thanks Playmofire  :wow:
Thank you, Rasputin, glad you enjoyed it.  The official THW blue is  RAL 5002, Königsblau (Kings Blue) (thank you Jochen for that).  Whether or not Playmobil have used strictly this colour or one very close to it (after all the blue trailer I use for the compact loader was produced in that colour a long time ago), I don't know.  Maybe a German member can confirm if it is the actual THW colour.  Even if it isn't exactly the same, it gives the right effect of a very smart livery.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2008, 20:05:55 »
Thank you for such an exhaustive review Playmofire, even though I am not interested in collecting this theme I really enjoy reading about it and find the subject matter itself very interesting. I have also learned a lot about Fire/Rescue and the THW.

One of the beauties of the forum and having people with varied interests is that it does expand your horizons, make you pause and think and hopefully appreciate the diversity that is available to us here. BTW I noticed in several photos your figures had stands, I am assuming these are old stock and did not come with the kit? Do you know if they are still available?

Gepetto
Thank you, Gepetto, glad you found it useful and enjoyable.

The stands are currently available.  I'll check the part number and post it.  You can also buy them in white or black.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 20:46:00 by playmofire »

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2008, 20:41:52 »
Hello Gordon  :)

An epic review, it must of taken ages to prepare. I have to say i really enjoyed reading it and looking at the pictures. I can see the 'dangers' of the set aswell Gordon but then we are both like minded :lol:. I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve and the direction in which you are going to take this new THW theme.

As allways truly amazing work on your part, thank you Gordon :)9

Tim  :yup:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2008, 21:06:08 »
BTW I noticed in several photos your figures had stands, I am assuming these are old stock and did not come with the kit? Do you know if they are still available?

Gepetto
The part number is 30 24 3590 and I last bought some in June 2006.  If you wanted black ones, I have some spare and also a few white.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2008, 21:59:36 »
I really enjoyed your review regarding this fascinating series, & as always Playmobil looks like it has out done itself again  :wow:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2008, 00:19:38 »
MAGNIFICENT REVIEW, Gordon!
& chats, guys ;) ...

I'm sorry I can't have that much budget in my monthly income so as to make a playmo' modern city :-[ ... yet ... :evilplan: :)

Cheers! :lol:

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2008, 15:53:04 »
Thank you Gordon, I will check with DS on availability and may take you up on your kind offer.

Gepetto

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2008, 15:16:13 »
The part number is 30 24 3590 and I last bought some in June 2006.  If you wanted black ones, I have some spare and also a few white.

Got it, thanks Gordon.  (The black and white ones I've listed already.) I can't find what set it came with, though... do you know, or did you order it blind from DS?
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
  • Noodwachter Dutch civil defense
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2008, 13:54:15 »
Hallo Gordon

i like the way you make this article about the THW set 
It is similar Ana the dutch civil divens

groeten Peter (noodwachter 72 ) uit holland
the imposable wy do direct
wonders take some time