Author Topic: THE VICTORIANS photo story featuring brand new characters/customs!  (Read 29146 times)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
Re: THE VICTORIANS photo story featuring brand new characters/customs!
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 23:28:27 »
Simba: Really, what is it?

Geneviève responded nerviously…

Geneviève: I am expecting…...er, expecting this gift to arrive promptly as I requested. Oh wait, there it is! Just in time!

As I turned back I realized the stork had come over with…a baby!

Simba: A baby! Thank you so much dear!

Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 23:30:35 »
Geneviève: His name is Félix…I guess you cannot deny he is yours, right? Ha!

Simba: We're now a complete family!

We seemed happy, so was Spark our beloved dog.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 17:31:15 by Luis »
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 23:38:47 »
But not everything in a story is sweet and perfect, right? One day while enjoying ourselves in the house we heard an usual beep in the street and…

It was them! Geneviève's family had come over uninvited! :omg:

And company, ugh…

Want to know what's next? Don’t miss out the next chapter, which will be full of thirll! :wave:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 23:47:59 »
Luis, AWESOME story, and customs! Love the victorian version of "you" with the flower in the lapel and all! And baby felix is so cute!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Delivered by the stork. :love: Lot's of funny touches in there, loved the moose head on the wall, made me think about Fawlty Towers. :lol: Great job! Can't wait for the next chapter. ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 00:08:01 »
Magnificent story Luis! Masterfully done, the scenes, story lines, special affects! Excellent! :wow: :wow:
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 01:15:57 »
Ok I'll stop narrating as my avatar and will start speaking as myself now. :lol:

Thanks Ace, conniefrere, Bonnie and Bill for the kind comments! :)

This story has been so much fun to work on that I REALLY want to share the process behind - The original idea (December 2010) only intended to present customs: the in-laws family (the characters in the last picture, which will be formally presented in the next chapter) and the house, which was put together using misc. pieces from the two original victorian mansions (5300 and 5305). Initially it ocurred to me to just open a thread called "The House of my Avatar's Girlfriend" but little by little I started brainstorming until the idea twisted into an art work project. Eventually, since I had so many things and details to present that a "tale" was a must in order to make the whole thing worth presenting...What a better way to do it than in a photo story format. :)

One of the thoughts that crossed my mind when I started this was: What would the Victorian Theme look like if it was re-released these days? The figures would be more detailed (unlike the original figures, they'd at least have shoes and more detailed clothes! :D) Although I believe that the essence of this concept will look more reflected in the figures from Part 2 and Part 3. You can see that I tried to keep that "pink" atmosphere in the pictures though.

When it comes to collecting, I'm very into modern stuff like the Zoo or the City Life, but the Victorian series is my favorite historical theme (you can see why I picked a customized female figure dressed in a 1900 outfit as my avatar's partner). Therefore, I'd always felt like making a Victorian photo story since more than 5 years ago, after making Klickderella in 2004 and Honey Moon in Africa in 2005, both posted on the old Playmoboard...but that never happened because a photo story with so many details is very time and money consuming and at the time I started to dedicate more time (and money ;D) to my personal life. I'm glad I didn't carry out the idea back then because my skills (including my photography) have improved significantly ever since.

There's two more chapters to go - This one was more like an intro and the real plot will start to develop in the next one, which I promise to try to post in less than a week.

The shots and everything have turned out just like I expected - It's amazing how things turn out your way when you're determinated to it. 8}

Anyway, I've talked to much now - I hope you keep enjoying the story and pictures as much as I have so far. :)

Luis
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 01:31:14 by Luis »

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 01:32:07 »
Luis your photography is so beautiful and lush.  I love the reflection of the swans in the lake!  Can't wait to see more.
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 06:51:51 »
Excellent story Luis!! Great customs, funny moments, interesting turn of events!!! A story ful of... surprises!!!! Well done!!!

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 12:38:05 »
AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!
Lovely story, Luis! Can't wait to see what happens next! :wow: :wow: :wow: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 12:52:23 »
This is fantastic Luis! the story, the humor, the photography and that house!!!! Please I want details of the architecture, side views... everything.
The photographs are great....what light do you use? hope you can share this secrets!
We love the backstage, remember!

Excellent photostory, can't wait for more!!!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com