Author Topic: looking for a ds number  (Read 7673 times)

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
Re: looking for a ds number
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 10:53:25 »
I think that socrates discovered most of those part numbers by accident, so we are very lucky to have them at all. :)

Hi Sylvia!
This is not quite true... Actually, it wasn't me who found the first numbers, I do not even know, who did... Once we had some, we continuosly tried to order the known wigs but with the note to have them in different colors... Several times this worked quite well, but - on the backside - the hard way is to get the number of a new wig type in the first place...  :-\

I am very thankful that playmo so far is tolerating the order of wigs by collectors. They do us a great favour, but we should be aware that they do not "officially" support this kind of order.

Without becoming indiscrete, I _really_ tried hard to get a complete list of wigs from DS, but up to now they successfully prevented me getting my hands on them...
...but - once - I was SOOO close...  :P

Still, whenever someone is getting hold of a new number that is not enlisted here...
...PLEAAASE POST IT!  :yup:  ;D

(the same of course for a wig color not listed here)

Remember, for the writer of the thread English is possibly a second language, or even a third one.  The German for wig is Perücke, a word we also have in English for a style of wig.  I have also come across similar uses elsewhere of "wig" for "hair" by German speakers.

I searched on "wigs".  If it's too short to search on, add an "s" if it's a noun is my policy. ;D

thanks, Gordon...  ;D  I think you are quite right, it was originally Luis who started a topic at playmoboard about "wigs"...
@Martin:  ...well, I think, they are more "wigs" than "hairs", as you can simply exchange them... ...and things like a camail are not really "hairs", are they?  :hmm:  ;D

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 13:38:07 »
I've had much trouble trying to figure out how to add wigs to PlaymoDB, and except for the few like the ones that come with the hairstylist, I've left them out, despite Socrates' helpfulness in bringing them to light.  They're never numbered on instructions, and often tricky to identify, either because the figure's only shown wearing a hat or helmet, or in a front view where I can't tell what style of ponytail the figure is wearing.  (And occasionally drawn incorrectly on the plans!) They shouldn't add to the total piece-count of a set, but they would if they were numbered separately.  Argh! 

A separate page with the wig numbers and links into Who's That Klicky to show what figures wear them, for example, wouldn't be too hard (someone else could do it, with a little HTML - go for it!) but linking back to a number once you've found a Klicky with a wig you want, is another thing.  Still, I'll put it on my whiteboard under "future enhancements".  Ideas welcome.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 14:05:38 »
It'd be great to have a webpage with a matrix showing all the different hair or wig styles, with a picture/ plan clip and the part number where known.

I'm thinking colours across the top (because there won't be all that many) and style/name down the side.

A bonus would be to add beards and other facial wear (earrings, facemasks etc.) even though we don't know any of their numbers.

btw, the hair style used on the clowns (in red) and some natives I always took to represent dreadlocks.

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 13:42:52 »
crap.. now i bought way to many figures over ebay.. lol

will do a picture tomorrow..

but got all reqady 45 knights of malta  .. 100 firemans etc...

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 23:03:39 »
crap.. now i bought way to many figures over ebay.. lol

will do a picture tomorrow..

but got all reqady 45 knights of malta  .. 100 firemans etc...

Hey Mike1003,
 Did you look @ the 2 sellers on Ebay for hair peices I told you about? dode'npentoybox & halabek? Halabek has beards for sale also! ;D
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 23:17:45 »
yes i did.. i allready made a big deal with the malta guy dod.. its a nice guy.. but i think its cheaper to buy staright wigs from ds.. as i guess u would get there easy 10 -12 for 2 quid.. but not sure.. halabek is really expensive.. in most thingies.. he is a nice guy too.. bought some stuff from him aswell but overall it would cost me more when i buy the quantities i need from him as from ds.. as ds sell for example 3 footsoldiers for 6 he for 6.99 plus postage..  u get free postage on ds when u order 45 quid or so..

i really would to know what wigs are costing, as iam need around 100 blond ones :p